Simple Mouse Locator

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Simple Mouse Locator

Post by James Steele »

Just wanted to pass along a little helpful utility I discovered. Now that I'm running a 43" 4K Samsung TV as my primary monitor and a 23" Apple Cinema display as my secondary monitor, I found that I used to lose track of where that tiny little mouse cursor is. I was having to do the shake thing a bit too often. I know there are similar utilities out there, but I Simple Mouse Locator to be pretty good:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/simple-mo ... 6425?mt=12

There might have been on that looked better, but I think I couldn't use it in Mojave, so I went with this one. What I like is you can set a time period where if the mouse is idle for longer that that, when you first move it you will get an animated colored circle appear around the cursor to show you where it is immediately. So it can always run in the background and it won't interfere with normal use. You won't even see it, unless the cursor doesn't move for a user-definable period of time. But it's great... you can see it out of your periphery and get your bearings immediately. It also has an option to activate when crossing screen boundaries.

Just passing along for those who might find it useful.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 RC1, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

Re: Simple Mouse Locator

Post by HCMarkus »

I find myself violently shaking my mouse far too often. Gonna definitely try this James. Thanks! :smash:
frankf

Re: Simple Mouse Locator

Post by frankf »

I been using Mousepose for years. On Mojave and works great on my MP 6,1. I believe they’ve updated for AS but I’d check first. Adjustable size, color and length the highlight stays up on screen. I use a Kensington Trackball and one of its 4 buttons is assigned to trigger Mousepose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB