Updating an Amplidood theme for DP11?...

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
sayatnova
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Updating an Amplidood theme for DP11?...

Post by sayatnova »

I am posting this in the spirit of: if you never ask you will never receive!...;-)

I was wondering if Aplidood/Andi had any interest or thoughts on updating his AmpGUI themes for DP11?... I tried to find a way to reach out to him, but there is no way to send a PM, it seems. So, I am sending this out like a message in a bottle! I only ask this because I think Mellow was the best theme I have ever worked with and miss it dearly every day now that I am on DP11... I also want to say that I respect if you are not interested or don't have the time or bandwidth for this. I am only asking on the off chance you might consider it. I have a feeling there are others here who feel as I do, as well!...;-)

I hope you are well, take care and thank you.
http://www.bfdmusic.com
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Updating an Amplidood theme for DP11?...

Post by Michael Canavan »

Funny, he just posted a couple days ago, here's the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69515
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
sayatnova

Post by sayatnova »

I know, which is why I am sending this out there. But, thank you for alerting me to that in case I did not know that...;-)
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

sayatnova wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:58 pm I know, which is why I am sending this out there. But, thank you for alerting me to that in case I did not know that...;-)
I'm confused by this, why would I think you would know? whey would you send this out there? Creating your own thread instead of contributing to the one that already has him posting in it, that he started about this very topic makes what kind of sense?
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Time is certainly the enemy. Part time at Apple (health care/stock/401k/spend time on my feet), and all the rest of my time keeping up with production work leaves little for anything else. Not drinking for 2 1/2 years helps a hell of a lot, but still doesn’t ever seem to be enough time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sayatnova

Post by sayatnova »

Thank you for the reply! Completely understand what you are saying, and am glad you are doing well. It is good to have clear boundaries and to be able to take care of one's self. Please let us know if you ever change your mind! Take care. Thank you.
sayatnova

Post by sayatnova »

Michael Canavan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:17 pm
sayatnova wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:58 pm I know, which is why I am sending this out there. But, thank you for alerting me to that in case I did not know that...;-)
I'm confused by this, why would I think you would know? whey would you send this out there? Creating your own thread instead of contributing to the one that already has him posting in it, that he started about this very topic makes what kind of sense?
Hello Michael,

At first I did not understand your comments, then I realised I only saw Andy post in the "Updating to 11.03" thread, and did not see the one you linked (assuming it was the same one I saw), which was the one he started himself! So, as I did not know he had posted the theme-specific topic, I did not want to hijack the thread about Updating to 11.03 and created the one I did... Sorry for any confusion. I was actually trying to avoid confusion by doing so.

Wow, can't believe I missed that! Talk about a Zeitgeist effect...;-)