MOTU Traveller Mk3/CueMix on Windows 10: Super sluggish UI

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
gravyface
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MOTU Traveller Mk3/CueMix on Windows 10: Super sluggish UI

Post by gravyface »

Did a search, didn't see any results, but I've had two machines running latest (at the time) Windows 10 experience really sluggish laggy UI in CueMix for Windows. MOTU Traveller Mk3 with latest firmware. Both were running the same Texas Instruments firewire PCIe (Startech) card that I swapped between machines.

On an old potato Macbook, zero issues.

CPU isn't high or anything, but I'm wondering if there is roundtrip latency via FireWire, like does it poll or wait for feedback to/from the hardware unit when you're moving faders, etc. in Cuemix?
dleitao
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: MOTU Traveller Mk3/CueMix on Windows 10: Super sluggish UI

Post by dleitao »

Hi,

I have a Traveler MK3 and I'm running windows 10 with a Texas Instruments Firewire.
I'm able to establish connection between the MOTU and Windows, but the Cuemix interface is very slow and don't even updates the graphs and meters. I can set up levels etc but unresponsive and graph interface is not working. Already tried everything I can, from changing the Firewire drivers to changing MOTU drivers, but still the same lazy interface.
Does anyone had the same experience?

Many thanks.