Alternate UI still needed

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
amplidood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Alternate UI still needed

Post by amplidood »

Loaded up DP11. Great update. Execpt... the stock UI's are still not great. Thought I'd give them a second chance. Couldn't do it.

I need a month off of all other work to do this. Anyone got money lying around for a good cause? ;)

amplidood

Re: Alternate UI still needed

Post by amplidood »

And I just discovered the stretchable volume faders. Oh Lord how long we've needed this.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Yeah there are a ton of new features to 11, one of the best upgrades since version 7 to me anyway.
Agreed on the GUI, one of the weirder things to me is the Grid is pretty much a totally different GUI size than the other elements.
Plus as far as the default GUI, the Performer Lite GUI is better than the regular version.

I've always really liked None More Black, but I would love to see your new designs for 11.
Let us know what you come up with, a Gofundme type of thing, a poll or some other method to gauge how far you can take it without going broke.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

amplidood wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:29 pm Loaded up DP11. Great update. Execpt... the stock UI's are still not great. Thought I'd give them a second chance. Couldn't do it.

I need a month off of all other work to do this. Anyone got money lying around for a good cause? ;)

Bro... I would kill to have some of your themes in DP 11... I loved Sharp Flat as you know. You know I'd pay for my themes.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

amplidood wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:29 pmI need a month off of all other work to do this. Anyone got money lying around for a good cause? ;)
I would absolutely purchase them from you, even in advance if you come up with a way to do that. I love your themes!

BTW, I really like the little blue light on the bottom of the fader caps.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Yes yes YES Andy. I am in! And i bet some of my remote team would be too.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

I would definitely pay a premium for your mods, Andy!
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
sayatnova
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by sayatnova »

Also ready to pay a premium here, as well! Mellow was absolute perfection for me...
http://www.bfdmusic.com
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

amplidood wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:29 pm
I must admit, I find myself coming back to this image a lot.. trying to imagine how cool it would be to have a theme for grown-ups, like this one..

I'm so weary of all the dark themes, they're uninspiring and hurt my eyes. Seems like everyone wants black, and miserable grey shades nowadays. Many have taken the time to do mods on themes, but it's never on a light theme, always dark. Meanwhile, the stock lighter themes in DP are too light, and arguably almost as passé as None More Black.. or maybe it's just me.

The last new theme was "Nine", and we're on DP11 now, just saying.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Michael Canavan

Killahurts wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:48 pm I must admit, I find myself coming back to this image a lot.. trying to imagine how cool it would be to have a theme for grown-ups, like this one..

I'm so weary of all the dark themes, they're uninspiring and hurt my eyes. Seems like everyone wants black, and miserable grey shades nowadays. Many have taken the time to do mods on themes, but it's never on a light theme, always dark. Meanwhile, the stock lighter themes in DP are too light, and arguably almost as passé as None More Black.. or maybe it's just me.

The last new theme was "Nine", and we're on DP11 now, just saying.
I work in a dark studio, so I'm a big fan of None More Black. It's blatantly obvious when you work in a dark studio why dark themes are popular.
Light themes are hard on the eyes in that environment. I've never once questioned why people like light themes though, since in a well lit studio light themes are easy on the eyes.

But yeah two versions released now with no new themes. :x
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Michael Canavan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:14 pm I work in a dark studio, so I'm a big fan of None More Black. It's blatantly obvious when you work in a dark studio why dark themes are popular.
Light themes are hard on the eyes in that environment. I've never once questioned why people like light themes though, since in a well lit studio light themes are easy on the eyes.
Yeah that's a good point.. my studio is as bright as I can make it, most of the time. 5500K high-CRI lights. At some point years ago, I guess I traded mood, for being able to see the work, lol!
Michael Canavan

Killahurts wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:25 am I guess I traded mood, for being able to see the work, lol!
Your eyesight being poor is a rational explanation, your comments about "themes for grown ups" is another story, unless by grown ups you mean old people with failing eyesight. :x
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Am I the only one who finds the "Producer" theme a reasonable alternative? I think it provides the best assortment of contrasts for visibility in a number of ambient lighting situations. My eyesight is not great, but sheet music reading is often an essential part of my studio, so darkness is not really an option.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Rubens

Post by Rubens »

Hi Andy, I really miss the time I could work with your themes. I would buy all of them again for sure.
mrgkeys

Post by mrgkeys »

me as well!