Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Gate 13
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

White screen of death

Post by Gate 13 »

Dear All,

I am devastated.
I was working day night at a project, I was so happy with my music.
This morning I am turning on my Mac Pro (2006 model) and I open the DP7 project, while the instruments are loading in DP and in Plogue Bidule, I click on a track and it gets stuck.... the whole mac.
I force reboot it and when I turn it on again there is the white screen of death, I searched online how to troubleshoot.... I did everything, I used the safe mode, I reinstalled the OS, I used the disk utility ( all drives are ok).
In safe mode there is no way to plug a flash drive and save your work because it does not recognize the usb flash drive when in safe mode.

The irony is that I wanted to do one more day of work before I deliver...I forgot to save it yesterday

Tomorrow I will start removing the extra memory I had added a ling time ago (in pairs) and see if this will do any difference...
Any tips from you guys are always appreciated....
So devastating....
Mac Pro 2X 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, 13GB RAM/ DP 7.24/ Plogue Bidule/SWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Gold),Hollywood Brass(Gold), SWQL RA, SD2, Symphonic Choirs/KONTAKT 4, Cinesamples Hollywoodwinds