Printing Preroll/countoff Stremers and Punches when Bouncing to disk

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
andybrick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Printing Preroll/countoff Stremers and Punches when Bouncing to disk

Post by andybrick »

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to bounce to a quicktime file from a DP files that includes film scoring events in the preroll before bar 1 = SMPTE 1.00.00.00 of the movie. I tried making the bounce region -1 to end but that didnt work and tried setting the countoff settings to include streamers and punches and whereas they playback correctly they dont render in a bounce.

I have made a video of the issue and uploaded it to youtube. You can find it here: https://youtu.be/DovKUdqinio

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Andy Brick
lampfilmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Printing Preroll/countoff Stremers and Punches when Bouncing to disk

Post by lampfilmusic »

Good question and no solution I know of. MOTU team are brilliantly responsive, so would be worth putting in a request for this feature (minus SMPTE count-off), which should not be hard to implement.

Meanwhile, it's possible to get around this by:

(i) adding one or two empty bars (measures) at the start of the film music cue.
(ii) Alternatively, generating click tracks with DP's 2-bar count off also works, so long as the tempo is not too slow, in which case use (i) above.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Printing Preroll/countoff Stremers and Punches when Bouncing to disk

Post by James Steele »

Not sure, but if you need some info on adding negative bars to your project, you might be interested in skimming this topic:

https://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73274
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!