Audiodesk question

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kola
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Audiodesk question

Post by kola »

Hi,

I am very interested in Audiodesk. However the MOTU website says Im not permitted to the downloads page.

Will this work with my now seemingly ageing 24i/o that I still swear by to this day?

Oh, and where do I get it? I hear its free to MOTU customers and only works of MOTU hardware?

Kind regards
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Audiodesk question

Post by mikehalloran »

kola wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:57 am Hi,

I am very interested in Audiodesk. However the MOTU website says Im not permitted to the downloads page.

Will this work with my now seemingly ageing 24i/o that I still swear by to this day?

Oh, and where do I get it? I hear its free to MOTU customers and only works of MOTU hardware?

Kind regards
AudioDesk has been replaced by Performer Lite. For either, you log into your User Account on MOTU.com and go to your registered products page. If there is no download link for Performer Lite, submit a Tech Link with Support and one should be added to that page — I got a link and license added to my 828mkII page the day after I requested one.

AudioDesk was audio only and required MOTU hardware to run.

The big changes are that PL will run over non-MOTU hardware, adds MIDI and is compatible with current MacOS and Win 10/11. You are limited to 16 each of Audio, Aux and MIDI tracks. PL lacks a number of other Digital Performer functions but it’s as good or better than the “Lite” programs bundled with other interfaces.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro