DP 11 crashing on startup now

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jeffcloud
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 11 crashing on startup now

Post by jeffcloud »

Greetings, I have searched the forum as I know this must have been asked before but it's a deep forest in here, and I haven't found my answer.

Basically DP 11 has been working perfectly with zero issues running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. I purchased and downloaded the Octane plugin today and now DP crashes every time on startup. It appears that it is trying to scan the new plugin even though I have trashed it and emptied the trash just to attempt get my project back up and running. DP will open if I hold down the "option" key when I see the splashscreen on startup, but then all of my effects plugins are disabled. I can't figure out in any searches how to fix this issue. I don't know why it's still trying to scan a plugin that has been trashed and deleted. Could it be a preference file that is sending it a signal to keep scanning?

Any support would be appreciated.
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP 11 crashing on startup now

Post by CharlzS »

Welcome! Did you trash all three versions (AU,VST,VST3)? AU would be in the Components folder. Also you posted in the Windows section - probably get a better response if posted in the Mac forum.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
jeffcloud

Post by jeffcloud »

Thank you for the response! I went and trashed the plugin from all folders (component, and vst). Restarted DP and now ALL of my effects are missing and they don't even show up in the effects drop down window in my mixer. I've never seen this before and I didn't touch anything else besides removing 3 Octane plugins and put them in the trash.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Make sure you didn’t trash or disable any plugins called “MAS AU Support” or “MAS VST Support” etc. (Not sure of exact names as not in front of DP right now.) Those are the plugs that allow MAS (MOTU Audio System) to “see” your Audio Unit and VST plugins.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Reinstall DP
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

HCMarkus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:14 pm Reinstall DP
Beat me to the punch.

Alternately, you can do restore from Time Machine — after you installed DP 11 and before you installed Octane. Besides DP, you can restore the folders in Application Support.

Reinstall DP first.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

mikehalloran wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:53 pm
HCMarkus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:14 pm Reinstall DP
Beat me to the punch.

Alternately, you can do restore from Time Machine — after you installed DP 11 and before you installed Octane. Besides DP, you can restore the folders in Application Support.

Reinstall DP first.
I love punch, especially around the Holidays! :koolaid: