Merging Folders

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Merging Folders

Post by monkey man »

bayswater wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:33 amI was using a central server but it became frustrating dealing with network drops. FreeFileSync seems to do everything I need. It can store setups that sync pairs of folders in different locations. I tired it out over the weekend on large test folders and it worked well. I can set it up as a simple event no more complicated than copying a project back to a central server, and can probably automate it. There is also a version that works in the background and keeps an eye out for directory changes and then does syncs at prescribed times.

At this point i have the test folder on three different macs and a network server and all three macs have a TM copy so while there might be small variations at any one time things look pretty safe. It also keeps a copy of any files overwritten in the sync process so you can always go backwards.
That stuff's way beyond my pay grade Brother Stoivo; I'm impressed mate. :unicorn:
HCMarkus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:49 pmHere's to the discovery of MLI by a loaded venture capitalist :koolaid:
Yeah baby! :dance:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here