Apple ID woes!!

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Apple ID woes!!

Post by James Steele »

Seriously... what do you do again when you just installed Mojave on your computer and you try to sign into iMessage with your CORRECT AppleID and password (verified by actually logging into the Apple ID website to make sure) and iMessage rejects it over and over and tells you the Apple ID and password are incorrect?! I'm going to go try and google for answers but SERIOUSLY APPLE GET YOUR $%^&*I •••• TOGETHER!!! :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Apple ID woes!!

Post by James Steele »

Sorry... I don't like rants, but total crap. Who builds an ecosystem like this? I decided to play along and change my password to my Apple ID even though I knew it was right. I go through that mess, do it... and I still can't sign into frigging FaceTime... I'm going to go through the stupid NVRAM reset suggestion. You'd think a company worth a trillion dollars could get this right?

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 7.24.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 7.24.18 PM.png (164.56 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 7.27.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 7.27.43 PM.png (35.45 KiB) Viewed 728 times

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Okay... my apologies for giving in to my worst instincts. Computers, man! You just want them to work! Resetting the NVRAM apparently cleared whatever gremlins were in there and I was able to sign into iMessage with my newly created password. Yeesh. Where was I before this all started? Oh yeah... was gonna send some pics to a friend on the East Coast before this unexpected tangent. Of course it's almost 11 there now. Maybe tomorrow.

stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Yea, and sometimes when it rains it pours.

I was in the middle of a super busy, stressy time, and I opened iCal and maybe 2/3' of my events were just gone!! My entire lessons schedule was in there. Apple was of not much help. But I managed to fix it, then it did it again, so I fixed it one more time. Now it's good.

Yea, I think everyone on here has been there.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

What about your old password, Jimbo?

Have you tried reverting to that account so it matches your other Apple stuff and seeing if it works, or would you have to first delete the new one?

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Completely agree. I have a new iPhone 12, 2012 MBP, 09 Mac Pro and 2020 iPad Air. I get weekly notices that I signed in with a new device, do I trust it? More than once when I punch in a street number into Apple Maps without a zip code it sends me to Georgia, I live in Seattle, I always have navigation turned on.... :banghead:

I could go on with this, but suffice to say I feel your pain. Every time I update a password, it's safe to say one device drops the ball.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

James, I had this same issue a bit over a week ago when I powered-on my first-ever smart phone (Sprint is being shut down sometime before the end of the year, so I had to simultaneously switch to T-Mobile and from a 3G QWERTY phone to a 5G iPhone 13 running iOS 15).

Some bizarre sequence of on/off that I'll never recall precisely, and possibly the update to iOS 15 later that evening, took care of the problem.

Then, on my iMac a few days ago, at the stroke of midnight, the same thing happened, but I was off to bed shortly thereafter, and it cleared up the next morning. Probably an unrelated glitch; probably something didn't handle the 00:00 vs. 24:00 problem well, and the bug got patched quickly.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH