Need you help guys!

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
Oleg Vostyakov
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Need you help guys!

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

How can I work with MIDI files or .xml files (for example from musescore- https://musescore.com/user/39593079/scores/6976877) using motu? Is it possible? If yes so how can I do that?
dovetails
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Need you help guys!

Post by dovetails »

Are you asking how to use MIDI files with Digital Performer? Shouldn't you just be able to drag-and-drop a MIDI file into your session?
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Need you help guys!

Post by stubbsonic »

For MIDI, you would export the MuseScore file as a standard MIDI file. Then you can either open that standard MIDI file in DP or you can drag-and-drop it onto DP's chunks window. Then, in DP, you save it as a DP project and keep working on it.

I can't answer about the .xml files, as I haven't used them yet.

Are you wanting to create nicer audio versions of the scores you make in MS? I know the playback in MS is pretty stupid sounding. In DP you could probably do some things to make it sound better. But much of the playback quality will come down to how it was sequenced in, and whether the recorded MIDI was played with some nice velocity expression and appropriate note lengths. The other challenge is that if you recorded a part with one type of sound, it may not translate well to a different instrument-- in which case you can do some tweaks to the new VI to make it respond more appropriately.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com