Set up Separate Outputs for Addictive Drums 2

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rosindabow
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Set up Separate Outputs for Addictive Drums 2

Post by rosindabow »

Hey,
Anyone know how to set up separate outputs using Addictive Drums 2 inside DP10?
Thanks!
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
greg328

Re: Set up Separate Outputs for Addictive Drums 2

Post by greg328 »

Sure, I do it all the time. On AD2, I forget what the view is called but it looks like a mixer—be in that view. At the bottom of each drum channel there is an output selector-this is where you assign each drum channel—mono drum channels plus stereo overheads/room/bus channels-to their own individual output. These outputs should be published as inputs in DP in the track input pop-up in Track view. Make sure you set up audio tracks like-for-like; mono/stereo, to record the AD2 drums. This should all be in the XLN AD2 manual. Then simply arm and press record. You can capture the entire kit in one pass with all parts printing separately. I’m doing this tomorrow for a client, in fact.

My only beef with Addictive Drums 2 is that there is no separate output for the ride and crash cymbals. These are only available in the OH and room stereo channels. Which of course will contain other instruments. AD2 is the best sounding drum plug-in I’ve ever used.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
willstuff

Post by willstuff »

Thanks, that cleared things up for me (and agree on AD2 being the bomb).
DP11, iMac 27" 3.7Ghz 6-core i5 40GB, 1TB. User since Performer 3.
greg328

Post by greg328 »

Glad that helped - note- you can select pre- or post-fader outs , either amber or green in color.

You also choose to send the channel to both the individual out PLUS the master stereo out.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.