FR: Clock autoswitch to internal/external

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Laimon
Primary DAW OS: Windows

FR: Clock autoswitch to internal/external

Post by Laimon »

I know feature request should be sent directly to Motu, but I hope posting it here might get a bit more resonance.
I have a MOTU 828es which I genuinely love, but one of the few things that I found weird (as I thought it'd obvious) is that if you're sync'ing the clock to an external device (in my case, a Kemper profiling amp) and you switch off the device everything on the MOTU kind of freezes, the display shows that the clock is gone and stays like that until you change it manually to internal.
It's of course important that when expecting an external clock it shows you that this is no longer there, but couldn't it also fall back to "internal" until the clock is back? Or at least have an explicit "Autoswitch" option where you don't need to manually switch every time?