ORCH MIDI FILES

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
brolly
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

ORCH MIDI FILES

Post by brolly »

Hi all, i've just written a piece in Dorico and now want to bring it into DP to voice in there where i can do al the sound design as well.
what's the best way to do this?
I added 40 MIDI tracks to my template then dragged the MIDI file from the desktop onto the first MIDI track and it loaded fine but none of the track names came up.
I then tried 'Import' and it brought it into DP as a new sequence with all the track names.

what i want to do is add it to my daily template then just drag the Dorico trumpet part to my template part etc.

Hope you can help, what am i saying, you always help, you guys know everything xx
stubbsonic

Re: ORCH MIDI FILES

Post by stubbsonic »

If I have a standard MIDI file, I drag it from the desktop (or finder window) into DP's chunks window. It now appears with all the MIDI tracks and track-names from the original MIDI. When you open that chunk, you can select the MIDI data from the tracks overview and paste it into your pre-made tracks if that is what you need to do.

Remember you can select all the MIDI tracks and use SHIFT-up/down arrow to change the output device en masse. You can use OPTION-up/down to change the channel, and SHIFT-OPTION-up/down to move your selection to the previous/next track.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
brolly

Re: ORCH MIDI FILES

Post by brolly »

Thanks so much jon.