MOTU 624 and Windows 10 BSOD and crash

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Ph4nt0m
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MOTU 624 and Windows 10 BSOD and crash

Post by Ph4nt0m »

Hello everyone
I had recently got the Motu 624 with great expectations looking into my needs and a bit of future proofing. However really disappointed with setting it up on my desktop. My desktop is quite old but still a processor powerhouse running AMD Phenom II X6 1090 T (3.2 GHz) and 8 gigs ram @ 1600 MHz.
The moment I connect it to the desktop and try to play a sound , the windows crashes with a BSOD and error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (WHAT FAILED : MOTUPROAUDIO.SYS)
Have installed the latest drivers and updated to latest firmware but it keeps repeating.
Incidentally , all the analog channels and setting up the device in a wifi works fine. The usb connection also works fine with my laptop running a really underpowered AMD A5000 CPU.
Could someone really guide me to what I could possibly do ??
I have tried all of the following steps

- tried different USB ports
- disconnected all peripherals ..only interface and mouse
- used a AC powered USB 3.0 hub
- fresh install windows 10 / windows 7
- disabled USB suspend on sleep
- disabled onboard motherboard sound, IE1394 port
My PC works absolutely fine running intensive tasks , video encodings , games and no BSOD on connecting any USB peripherals like MIDI keyboard, hard disk, wifi adapters.
I have fired in a query to the technical team at MOTU but would be really grateful if anyone could please help out and share some insights ..Please!
Thanking you all