Does DP 10 still have anything like the old "spectral effects"?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
tantroniq
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Does DP 10 still have anything like the old "spectral effects"?

Post by tantroniq »

Former DP 3.0 user from 19 fuh fuh fuh here. Maybe it was 3.0 that came with Spectral effects, but in any case, I am curious if the modern DP has anything like it now.

It was basically the first "Pure DSP" pitch shifting plugin, but it had a too cool for school interface, with a 3D component involving a ball and a checkered background. You could shift pitch down while shifting formants up, all independent of time stretching, if desired. It added some lovely distortions that I made good use of back in the day and would like to again. It also sported presets for voice like "Male to Lurch" and "Male to Hal".

Chances are all this got wrapped up into something else new and improved, but in a nutshell I am wondering if a single interface for transposing pitch, formants and time is still something DP has in some form all these versions later.
HCMarkus

Re: Does DP 10 still have anything like the old "spectral effects"?

Post by HCMarkus »

Haven't looked for awhile, but I do believe ye olde interface and processing are still there in DP10.
tantroniq

Post by tantroniq »

I looked in a DP10 manual and found no reference to it....
tantroniq

Post by tantroniq »

D'oh! I was looking in the plug ins manual, not the user manual!! It is still in there.