MachFive3 Modulation Sources: Can I Get A How-To?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

otalgia-2000
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MachFive3 Modulation Sources: Can I Get A How-To?

Post by otalgia-2000 »

Greetings all

I'm using the DOBRO SOFT program in Machfive 3 and I want to add onto the sound a little optional vibrato tail -- such as could be accomplished when you wiggle the bar a bit on the strings after striking the note(s) you want.

I thought I could accomplish this by selecting PITCH as the parameter to be modulated, MOD WHEEL as the modulation source, and GLOBAL LFO as the sub-source.

My thinking was, MachFive sees CC1 automation, and activates pitch controlled by the oscillation of the LFO.

But I can't seem to make it work as desired -- either the vibrato doesn't sound, or it sounds without waiting for the onset prompted by the CC1 automation.

I'm sure the effect I want must be possible, I probably have not performed the correct steps in the proper order to program it.

I have also programmed a slide up into my chords using pitch bend automation, and that's working fine -- now, I just want to wiggle that chord a bit when I land on it.

Any suggestions where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!
O2k

OS 13.2.1 // DP 11 // mac studio M1 Max 64 Gb RAM // UA Apollo x6 // Micro Lite // Falcon 2 | BFD3 |