MOTU Pro Audio Control - How To Record To DAW With EQ On ?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
JohnJ
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MOTU Pro Audio Control - How To Record To DAW With EQ On ?

Post by JohnJ »

Can anyone explain how to set up MOTU Pro Audio Control so I can record directly to my DAW (R•••••) with the EQ and Compression on.

Thanks in advance.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MOTU Pro Audio Control - How To Record To DAW With EQ On ?

Post by HCMarkus »

Route your audio through the internal mixer, then to your DAW using the Routing Grid.

Personally, I prefer to use the AVB Mixer effects for monitor only, as desired effects for the mix may differ from those preferred while tracking. It is not difficult to replicate the AVB Compression and/or EQ in your DAW; that way, you have the flexibility to make critical adjustments In the context of your final mix.
JohnJ

Post by JohnJ »

HCMarkus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:25 am Route your audio through the internal mixer, then to your DAW using the Routing Grid.
This is what I'm having difficulty doing. I have no idea what to attach to where.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

JohnJ wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:46 am
HCMarkus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:25 am Route your audio through the internal mixer, then to your DAW using the Routing Grid.
This is what I'm having difficulty doing. I have no idea what to attach to where.
Watch This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5t1sAj ... 4I&index=9

Then This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp-tnzP ... I&index=10, especially 2:44

The Post-FX Outputs are shown at the far right of the top row. Route a Mixer Output to a Computer Input.
JohnJ

Post by JohnJ »

Thank you. The second video helped greatly. I can record with EQ on now but I'm only monitoring the mic input with no eq. I guess I'll figure it out, though it makes my head ache.
Thank you for your time and help, I really appreciate it.