Quicktime export issue in DP

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Quicktime export issue in DP

Post by chrispick »

Hey all.

I've run into an odd occurrence: It seems that, even though I toggle on the "duplicate original video data" button, I'm suddenly unable to export self-contained Quicktimes. These rendered files will be the size of a self-contained QT, but if taken to another computer will not open without a reference file. I've noticed that the "rendering bar" that usually pops up, indicating that the export is being compacted into a self-contained file no longer appears.

And here's the odd thing: This now happens with older projects where self-contained QT export worked just fine previously.

I'm running QT 7 Pro. My other stats are below.

Anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions?

I should add: I have a workaround; I can marry audio to QT via After Effects. But, that's a less elegant solution than the one that used to work before (doing it straight out of DP).
Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Jim »

Two thing's I'd suspect:

One, QT7 is up to 7.0.2, I believe. Do you have it?

Two, you did pay to upgrade to Pro again, right? Your Pro license from 6 doesn't work any more.

Like most new releases of QT, the new one's buggy as hell, and needs substantial fixing. If you can downgrade back to 6.5.3, or whatever the latest version of 6 was, you may be in better shape. There's a "downdater" on the Apple web site, because "it's happening again."
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Quicktime export issue in DP

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You might try the QuickTime 7.0.2 update. there are problems with iTunes running third party utilities and several reports of other problems, but it works fine for me.

It just MIGHT fix your problem... just a thought.

Mike M
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

Thanks for chiming in Jim and Mike. I upgraded to 7.0.2 and still no luck. I do have registration for QT7 Pro, so I don't believe that's a culprit in any way.

So strange. DP was outputting self-contained QTs up through yesterday, then today -- no go.

Like I said, I have a workaround, so it's not killing me. Still, it's very odd, given that I've not introduced any new hard/soft variables in the last 24 hours.

edit note: I've found that I can open the DP exported QT in QT 7 Pro, re-export it out of there, and end up with a fully self-contained file (it merges the reference with the audio). Easier than loading crap into After Effects.