Blank Spots in Recorded Audio

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dmshep
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Blank Spots in Recorded Audio

Post by dmshep »

I was working on a session tonight and recorded a vocal take. As we were listening back, the vocal suddenly dissapeared. Past a certain point, it just wouldn't play. I was stumped until I zoomed in. Once I zoomed down to a certain level the waveform collapsed into a straight line - ie - there was nothing there.

This happened a few times when I tried to record a complete take on a 5.5 minute song. If I stopped and restarted recording after each verse/chorus it was fine. I'm not quite sure what's going on here. The soundbites show the full waveform until I zoom in, then suddenly sections towards the end suddenly show as blank and won't play anything back. It's as if nothing is recorded there.

Has anyone else run into this?

DP 4.52, Dual 1Ghz G4, 2GB RAM, OS 10.3.9, Buffer at 1024, disk read/write 1024, per voice 3072.
dmshep
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by dmshep »

No one else has ever run into this? I tried recording to a different hard disk and the same thing happened.