Dropping MIDI changes Conductor & Click

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
HamhockStudios
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Dropping MIDI changes Conductor & Click

Post by HamhockStudios »

Hi all

I searched for this topic to come up and couldn't find it. So here goes:

When I have a template up (and have set tempo and time signature in Conductor track) and go to drag and drop MIDI, my click track gets often double timed and new time signature info is added). I am using the internal click and typically I have noticed this if I drag and drop a MIDI drum part from Toontrack into an empty MIDI track. It also creates a stamped new time sign and marker at the point of dropping it - which just clutters up the Conductor track visually.

So, my work around has been dragging and dropping a bunch of different drum MIDI parts into a project then once I feel I have all that I need for a particular song or cue, I then go back and reset my Conductor track to what I first set it to. By doing this, the click track then plays how I set it and not in this sort of double time approach ( I have my click set to quarter notes and after a drag and drop of outside MIDI, it changes to eighth notes.)

Please tell me there is a better, faster way to do this technique that I am not doing correctly.

Appreciate it.

Shawn
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Dropping MIDI changes Conductor & Click

Post by FMiguelez »

What it does is only useful if you're dealing with different time signatures in your piece. I don't remember if Stylus does this too.

I'd check the Input Filter to see if you could disallow TS changes there, but I doubt it.

I don't think there's a way to prevent DP from adding those redundant TS events, but you can easily get rid of them afterwards by using the View Filter (which is perhaps what you mean you do when you wrote you "reset" your CT afterwards).
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman