Shared from DP10 on Mac, files disappearing

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rosindabow
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Shared from DP10 on Mac, files disappearing

Post by rosindabow »

I have shared a number of projects that were created on a Mac with a number of people that are using DP on a PC One was running Windows 10 and I believe the other was running Windows 8. When they went to open up the project in Windows, it opened but they could not locate the audio - they said that the audio just disappeared. I sent them contiguous files that I had bounced down and they were able to drag those into place so they could work. The files were zipped on a Mac and then opened on the PC. Is there anything we can do to prevent that from happening? Is there anything I can ask them to look for? If you need more information, I will have to get it from the PC users. I'm running the latest DP10 on a Mac, OS 10.13.6. Thanks.
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
mikehalloran

Re: Shared from DP10 on Mac, files disappearing

Post by mikehalloran »

Where was the audio? If not in the project folder then zipping and sharing won't include it.

Sound bites are pointers to the audio; they aren't the actual audio files.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Everything was 100% in the folder - (I'm longtime user.) The folder works perfectly when opened on any number of different Macs - (this is a classroom situation) - just issues opening it on a PC.
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

rosindabow wrote:(I'm longtime user.) .
I know you are.

If the audio files were in that folder when zipped on the Mac, they're still in the folder when unzipped on the PC.

What are the file extensions and are they visible on the Mac?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Yes - they were in the folder, just not showing up in the project. They had to be dragged in - like somehow the project lost the pointer to the soundbite inside the folder. I will take a look at the extensions and post back.