DP 10 & 9: Tracks Overview not scrolling to 0:00:00.0

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 10 & 9: Tracks Overview not scrolling to 0:00:00.0

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

As reported in my MOTU TechLink...

Movie linked here. In any sequence or project in DP 10 (and I think it was also in DP 9) the tracks overview (TO) window doesn't reliably update to the beginning (measure 1) of the sequence. If measure 1 isn't showing in the TO, setting the start time on the fly, or even if the start time is set to 0:00:00.00, TO goes to just beyond that and the first measures don't show up. The TO window defaults to a later time (different times depending on the level of zoom in the TO, but neve r returning to measure 1).

The SCORLL BAR is of no help (see linked movie) as it also will not allow the TO view to go to the top. Dragging the data area will allow going to the top of the sequence, but only for that playback. As soon as you stop playback the TO reverts to the incorrect position, even if the start time is set to 0:00:00.0.

Additionally the Wiper will sometimes not appear at all in the TO and clicking in the timeline doesn't even bring it back. That seems to be remedied by setting the wiper to scroll in all windows, which is not an ideal settings in most instances for me.

The only thing I've found that resets the TO to show measure 1 correctly is to toggle the zoom level (command arrow L or R). Again, only a temporary fix for that playback only.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 10 & 9: Tracks Overview not scrolling to 0:00:00.0

Post by waterstrum »

That is a weird one!
Sounds very frustrating.

I've watched your movie and tried to replicate the problem.
In my case, I'm getting back to measure one reliably.
The scroll bar works for the full scope of the TO window at many variations of zoom.

I noticed that you have Auto Rewind enabled.
I generally don't use it, but I tried it and the TO window went back to measure one when playback stopped.
I'm wondering if you have some other time settings that are taking over.

I have Auto Scroll enabled.
Turned it off and things still worked.

I'm testing on DP 10.13 now, but haven't had this behavior on prior versions either.

Sorry, I'm not much help here.

Let me know if there are other parameters that I can add to the test so to help figure this out.

Hang in there!
All is well
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Michael, have you tried it in other projects? Same behavior? I haven't been able to re-create the problem here.
I recently ran into a weird problem with cycle record and it turned out to be a problem with the project file. Don't forget to try loading it into a new project.

Your friendly neighborhood Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
MIDI Life Crisis

Thanks guys. I’ll try the suggestions today. Might be because a movie is active. Another DP 10 issue is I can’t access the help menus. More soon.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Could this bug not come from the Theme used? Have you tried with the Nine Theme :?:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
MIDI Life Crisis

corbo-billy wrote:Could this bug not come from the Theme used? Have you tried with the Nine Theme :?:
Thanks for the idea. I’ll try that. Ditching the movie doesn’t fix it. Resizing the window does temporarily. One of several issues. DP 10.13 has been crashing a lot in one project, but that’s for another thread.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS