strange behavior with a MOTU 828x (Windows 10 & AMD)

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
nordlead26
Primary DAW OS: Windows

strange behavior with a MOTU 828x (Windows 10 & AMD)

Post by nordlead26 »

I am experiencing super strange behavior with a MOTU 828x that I bought new.

Every time I open the CueMix, it seems like the sample rate is playing up and down, over and over making so weird sound like old cassette, or even if I don't play anything, the interface generates some pops noises.

I've tried all the configurations and specifications suggested by MOTU's technical support, I've tried many others I've found on the internet, I've tried almost everything and without any damn result! What is surprising is that in MAC there are drivers 2020 and Motu works as a solid rock, however in Windows 10, is a different horror story! Can't work like this, has anyone found a solution? Or should I return the interface and look for another brand? I don't know what my chances are anymore, and I know it's not like I've had a defective product because the MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid I had for a few days, did the same thing, it would be too much of a coincidence, but what I do think is that the drivers for Windows are crap.... I don't understand why MOTU doesn't care about compatibility and functionality in windows , its ridiculous...
Last edited by nordlead26 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
nordlead26

Re: strange behavior with a MOTU 828x

Post by nordlead26 »

so the answer is: AMD and MOTU drivers incompatibility....
buddyrich
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: strange behavior with a MOTU 828x (Windows 10 & AMD)

Post by buddyrich »

This sounds like the same problem I'm having with an 896mk3. I'm running an AMD ryzen. I'm wondering if there's maybe just an incompatibility??
mpax21

Re: strange behavior with a MOTU 828x (Windows 10 & AMD)

Post by mpax21 »

I have pops and clicks every time that I record/sample something, I don't know what to do anymore..
I have install reinstall drivers blah blah etc . I move to a laptop that made the job for a week and then... here we go again..
Clicks Pops and not to mention that I don't have the option to record on 48/24 or whatever/24bit, even the onboard soundcard have this option but no, nope, not when I use motu.. 👌
One pc and one laptop that is useless with my motu 828x
.....or a useless motu 828x that cost me 850euros...
Thanks motu for the great last summer and thats it, now I have to spend money again (not in motu) so I can make music again(with no motu) :deadhorse: :surrender: