PayPal - Upgrade MachFive 2 -> 3

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: PayPal - Upgrade MachFive 2 -> 3

Post by mikehalloran »

I did pull the trigger but not really because of Falcon. The $100 coupon towards something I want means I really paid $79 for it — I'm good.

When asking for the crossgrade, I filled out a general support form and attached a screen shot of my MV3 registration from 2012?!?!? The coupon was in this morning's email.

I was thinking, Maybe when I retire, I'll have time to explore synthesis again… and now that I am, I still don't have the time because of online worship at two or three (sometimes four) churches. So now it's, Perhaps when I can meet with my church groups in person…

Could happen, right? :love:
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

mikehalloran wrote: I was thinking, Maybe when I retire, I'll have time to explore synthesis again… and now that I am, I still don't have the time
When you do, Falcon IMO is right up there with the best in soft synths. I have a serious soft synth problem, but Falcon is at the top, Pigments and pretty much anything from U-he right below. The feedback machine in the update is a world unto its own.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Thank you so much for responding with that great info, guys. :love:

I bought MF3 in late 2011 from a bricks-and-mortar store and have no receipt. I'll try a snapshot of the entry in iLok Manager along with one of my account at the iLok site, both showing my user name.

Hopefully this'll work? :?

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Thanks for the info everyone. I think it might finally be time to make the move from MV3 to Falcon.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

monkey man wrote:Thank you so much for responding with that great info, guys. :love:

I bought MF3 in late 2011 from a bricks-and-mortar store and have no receipt. I'll try a snapshot of the entry in iLok Manager along with one of my account at the iLok site, both showing my user name.

Hopefully this'll work? :?
I just went to https://motu.com/en-us/accounts/registrations/MachFive 3

After logging in, took a screen shot and attached it to my support query. Selecting Crossgrade and Other plus a short not and the attachment must have gotten someone's attention because the reply was quick.

They didn't ask. I just figured that the attachment would save time.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Unfortunately there's no record at the MOTU site, Mike. Maybe it's 'cause I bought it from a bricks-and-mortar store on DVD?

I've no idea how I got an iLok code for it 'cause back in the day you'd only get a bog-standard reg key in the box. Maybe that was it. :?

Anyway, hopefully UVI accepts my screenshots of the iLok app showing M5 and my user name, the iLok site account showing the same name and my UVI products-bought page showing the name again. M5 isn't registered at either the UVI or MOTU sites for whatever reason. Hmm... :?

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Moved from DP10 thread (Silly me!):

Well I'll be...

I managed to find and dust off the manual, and sure enough, there's a reg code in it. Just registered it at the MOTU site now. It won't matter if UVI accepts my other proofs, but it's good to know it's there just-in-case.

M5 was the very first plugin or library I bought and I waited a good few years longer before I bought anything else, which explains why my digital records are zero apart from the plugin and libraries themselves. I hadn't developed an M.O. for documenting such things, being my first purchase 'n all. :banghead:

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Moved from DP10 thread (Silly me!):

Hmm... it's just occurred to me that I've never done a cross-grade before, so please forgive the "silly" question:

If I'm granted this, will I still be able to use M5? My trusty AKAI and EMU libs from the '90s spring immediately to mind as things that I'd be very-sad to have to let go of. I converted them all 7 or 8 years ago from the original discs, which I still have. I have 38 AKAI and 15 EMU libs, all converted to ISO, so I assume they won't be usable in Falcon.

Fingers crossed you guys won't have bad news for this goofy noob. :?

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Heads-up for those who don't know:

Only libraries under the "UVI Falcon Expansions" menu will not add to your purchase total. They're worth $39 each and you can select two of them, as per the advertised sale.

Bummer, 'cause I really wanted Beatbox Anthology 2 and World Suite 2. Had my eye on the former for ages and the latter since its recent release. The latter especially won't be affordable for me for a very-long time ($299).

CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

UVI has some pretty deep discount sales on a regular basis. Get on their mailing list or on one of their distributor's lists like Audiodeluxe. Coming into the holiday season you may be able to pick up your wish list.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

monkey man wrote:Heads-up for those who don't know:

Only libraries under the "UVI Falcon Expansions" menu will not add to your purchase total. They're worth $39 each and you can select two of them, as per the advertised sale.

Bummer, 'cause I really wanted Beatbox Anthology 2 and World Suite 2. Had my eye on the former for ages and the latter since its recent release. The latter especially won't be affordable for me for a very-long time ($299).
You will have a $100 coupon to apply towards a subsequent purchase. It gets emailed shortly after registration.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

monkey man wrote:Moved from DP10 thread (Silly me!):

Hmm... it's just occurred to me that I've never done a cross-grade before, so please forgive the "silly" question:

If I'm granted this, will I still be able to use M5? My trusty AKAI and EMU libs from the '90s spring immediately to mind as things that I'd be very-sad to have to let go of. I converted them all 7 or 8 years ago from the original discs, which I still have. I have 38 AKAI and 15 EMU libs, all converted to ISO, so I assume they won't be usable in Falcon.

Fingers crossed you guys won't have bad news for this goofy noob. :?
Yes, and anything you converted to M53 format will open up exactly the same in Falcon.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

And presumably Kontakt and PSP stuff opening in it as well? I thought I had read the MOTU libraries weren't entirely friendly to the bird...

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

CharlzS wrote:UVI has some pretty deep discount sales on a regular basis. Get on their mailing list or on one of their distributor's lists like Audiodeluxe. Coming into the holiday season you may be able to pick up your wish list.
I've seen many offers in the past but didn't bother to assess the discounts, figuring it'd be a long time 'til they applied to me. Now that it'll matter, this is reassuring news. Thank you Charlz. :unicorn:
mikehalloran wrote:You will have a $100 coupon to apply towards a subsequent purchase. It gets emailed shortly after registration.
Thank you for confirming this, Mike! I'd read this here in the thread and hoped that it'll apply to me too. Ripper, mate. :dance:
Michael Canavan wrote:Yes, and anything you converted to M53 format will open up exactly the same in Falcon.
Awesome sauce; thank you Michael! :headbang:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:And presumably Kontakt and PSP stuff opening in it as well? I thought I had read the MOTU libraries weren't entirely friendly to the bird...
I can only hope they're simian-friendly then, Magilla. Thanks mate. :wink:

Guys, thank you ever so much for answering every question I had, and so well at that. Long live we 'Cornies! :unicorn: :headbang: :woohoo:

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Hopefully this'll be the final question:

Any recommendations as to which two libs to pick? Seems to me they're predominantly atmospheric / evolving textures and pads, and being an Omnisphere owner, they're probably the last things I need. :banghead:

Once this decision is made, it'll be full-steam-ahead, and just in the nick of time 'cause tomorrow's the deadline here in Oz. Thank you in advance, brothers!