PayPal - Upgrade MachFive 2 -> 3

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

secondwindow
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

PayPal - Upgrade MachFive 2 -> 3

Post by secondwindow »

Hello

I'm a registered owner of MachFive 2 and plan to upgrade to version 3 soon.

I need to find a U.S. source for the MachFive Upgrade from 2 to 3 that accepts PayPal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Eric
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: PayPal - Upgrade MachFive 2 -> 3

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

MachFive has been dead in the water for years. If I had to upgrade now I’d look into a crossgrade to Falcon. I have M5 - 3 and it works fine but I’m looking at Falcon (basically the same app in many ways) just to keep up with current trends.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
btate

Post by btate »

Don’t do it, motu has pretty much a abandoned it. Go for Falcon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

A long time ago, what is now Falcon was MachFive.

UVI has Falcon 2.1 on sale for 30% off and includes 2 expansions. $244 instead of $349. Offer expires Oct. 18, 2020

Falcon 2.1 adds new effects, a new arp sequencer, 3 new probability-based scripts, 40 new wavetables, 100 new factory presets, UI and API improvements, and more.
A free update for existing users.

Simply add 2 Falcon Expansions of your choice to your cart and the discount will be added automatically

https://www.uvi.net/falcon?utm_source=U ... 8-28117849

MachFive does still work but $179 for a product that long in the tooth? I'm with the others on this. Get Falcon. Like some of the others in this thread, I own MV3.

Heck, this is enough to make want to buy it, too.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

I’d buy Falcon too, but frankly, M5 does everything I need and I have a large custom library that would have to port over. PITA, so no. I also use the M5 instruments often.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I’d buy Falcon too, but frankly, M5 does everything I need and I have a large custom library that would have to port over. PITA, so no. I also use the M5 instruments often.
All the M53 libraries work perfectly in Falcon, all patches etc.

The only downside to Falcon is no conversion of EXS24, etc. patches. Beyond that Falcon is the most complete synth/sampler workstation out there right now IMO.

Anyway, not trying to sell you on it, just realize there isn't really much work to do converting M53 libraries, if and when you upgrade to it. Falcon is MachFive 5, the synthesis and FX sections are top notch.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Curious guys:

Is it possible to cross grade from MF3 in addition to the sale discount? This would absolutely make it worth it for me.

Looked at the site but I'm lost...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
MIDI Life Crisis

monkey man wrote:Curious guys:

Is it possible to cross grade from MF3 in addition to the sale discount? This would absolutely make it worth it for me.

Looked at the site but I'm lost...
I was thinkin the same ding. Don’t see a way.

GRUNT
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Alfred Zigoma

Post by Alfred Zigoma »

write to UVI that you want to buy crossgrade,they can provide a discount. The Falcon cost me$179
MacPro Quad-Core 2.8 GHZ 16GB RAM OSX 10.10, MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.11, Mac Mini MD388 OSX 10.10
DP 8, SSL MADI AlphaLink MX, UA Apollo, SSL Sigma, PMC Tb2, ATC SCM 20, SSL Alpha VHD Pre, Kemper, Powercore x8, UAD Octo, MC Mix(х2), MC Control, Melodyne, Revoice Pro, RX4, Soundtoys, McDSP, Waves, all Slate, VSL VE Pro, SE, Suite, NI Kontakt 5, Halion 5, MachFive 3, BPM, etc...
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Alfred Zigoma wrote:write to UVI that you want to buy crossgrade, they can provide a discount. The Falcon cost me $179
I was wondering if they still offer that. I do remember you have to write for that price. If so, I would think you don't get the two add-ons — or perhaps you do. Those are $39 each making the total $257 if you were to buy them.

I've been really impressed with the Falcon demos but I do very little synth or sampling so the urge passes and may do so again… or not.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Alfred Zigoma

Post by Alfred Zigoma »

I wrote to them when the crossgrade promotion ended.
They also presented a voucher for $ 100, which was given when buying a Falcon.
The guys at UVI are good, I bought PlugSound Pro a long time ago, when they gave only one license, I asked and they replaced it with a license with 3 activations for free
MacPro Quad-Core 2.8 GHZ 16GB RAM OSX 10.10, MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.11, Mac Mini MD388 OSX 10.10
DP 8, SSL MADI AlphaLink MX, UA Apollo, SSL Sigma, PMC Tb2, ATC SCM 20, SSL Alpha VHD Pre, Kemper, Powercore x8, UAD Octo, MC Mix(х2), MC Control, Melodyne, Revoice Pro, RX4, Soundtoys, McDSP, Waves, all Slate, VSL VE Pro, SE, Suite, NI Kontakt 5, Halion 5, MachFive 3, BPM, etc...
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Alfred Zigoma wrote:I wrote to them when the crossgrade promotion ended.
They also presented a voucher for $ 100, which was given when buying a Falcon.
The guys at UVI are good, I bought PlugSound Pro a long time ago, when they gave only one license, I asked and they replaced it with a license with 3 activations for free
Nice!

I'm still on the fence though I have written about the crossgrade.

A couple of things I noticed while in my UVI account was a) that a couple of my libraries were updated just yesterday an b) I owned a copy of their Austrian Grand — think it was part of some bundle upgrade I bought (last year?) but I had forgotten about it. I like the new UVI Produce Portal. Downloading my updates now.

My wife has been using the Alan Parsons/Mark Knopfler Imperial with SampleTank to accompany our online choir. It's ok but I'm not the biggest fan. Nice to know I own another Bösendorfer VI to compare. She's particular about this.

OK, now that we've had our 200 rebuilt, nothing else compares but a nice piano VI is so convenient.
MIDI Life Crisis

I just don't see the need at the moment. Again, MachFive 3 does pretty much all I need, so why spend the money? Now the Korg WaveState... THAT I can spend the money on.

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

The $179 crossgrade is still good. They email back with a coupon code for use in the UVI store. Falcon includes a $100 coupon that is emailed after registration. If I see things I want, I may go for it; otherwise, I'll pass.

Did a cart to see if the two free expansions for this sale are good with the crossgrade code. They are.

Tried the new UVI Product Portal — very easy. It gives you steps but as soon as I entered my email and opened my iLok License Manager, it found everything, let me set the path to my installations and handled it from there. Turned out I had 6 upgrades and two of my libraries from a bundle had never been installed including the Austrian Grand. Oops… Done now.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

mikehalloran wrote:The $179 crossgrade is still good. They email back with a coupon code for use in the UVI store. Falcon includes a $100 coupon that is emailed after registration. If I see things I want, I may go for it; otherwise, I'll pass.
I think both you and MLC are severely underestimating the sheer amount of features Falcon 2.10 has over MachFive3, it really is M5 5, and more. The sheer amount of synthesis engines included is insane, along with FX, processing, scripts for things like shepherd tones... the changes are drastic. I think it's obvious by now that the giving of the code for M53 back to UVI wasn't some acrimonious business move, MOTU are even using newer UVI Workstation tech in their included instrument libraries. Any newer UVI libraries open up in Falcon (but not M53), and are generally accessible to modification etc.

The latest 2.10 update alone is what most companies would charge as an upgrade.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.