Unable to Launch DP

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wwwm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Unable to Launch DP

Post by wwwm »

Hello; I'm entirely new here as I'm attempting to try the DP10 demo. Unfortunately, I can't even get it to open (although my system specs are perfectly adequate). It loads the splash screen so I can enter my information to begin the demo, but anything I click after entering my name and email causes the program to crash. The Windows Event Viewer lists the faulting module as OSFoundation.dll, and reinstalling accomplishes nothing. I've heard a lot of great things about Digital Performer, and I'd like to be able to try it out myself. Does anyone more experienced have an idea what might be causing this?
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Unable to Launch DP

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Not a PC user but I’d try a reinstall first, and a restart of the machine.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Unable to Launch DP

Post by CharlzS »

If you hold the shift key while starting, DP will bypass the audio driver when loading. If you hold the alt key when starting you can disable the plugins. Either of those might indicate where the difficulty is. Otherwise, give MOTU tech support a call.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1