Sequence View / Clip View treats Audio File Differently??

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rp88.2
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sequence View / Clip View treats Audio File Differently??

Post by rp88.2 »

Project tempo is 102BPM.

I have a single wave file, I drop it in to Sequence view and it show up as exactly two bars (in 4/4) or 8 beats - which is what I expected.

I look at the Soundfile information and it sees the tempo information as 102 BPM. The length is 4.70 seconds which is 8 beats at 102BPM.

I then drop the same file in to Clip view. I go to play the clip and it says it is 12 beats long. It plays the 8 beats and then 4 beats of silence. :banghead:

What is going on?
rp88.2

Re: Sequence / Clips View treats Audio File Differently SOLV

Post by rp88.2 »

Ok... figured it out...

The data for clip - only visible in 'Clip Editor' says the clip is 12 beats.

This must have been inserted in the ACID file by the producer. So, in Clip view, it looks at the Clip data as opposed to the Audio file data.

Note to Self -- when using clips in Clip view - ALWAYS have the Clip Editor open to verify that the Clip data matches the audio file data.
Michael Canavan

Re: Sequence / Clips View treats Audio File Differently SOLV

Post by Michael Canavan »

rp88.2 wrote:Ok... figured it out...

The data for clip - only visible in 'Clip Editor' says the clip is 12 beats.

This must have been inserted in the ACID file by the producer. So, in Clip view, it looks at the Clip data as opposed to the Audio file data.

Note to Self -- when using clips in Clip view - ALWAYS have the Clip Editor open to verify that the Clip data matches the audio file data.
Yep, depending on the loop, it can be all over the place length wise. Old Apple Loops as expected work just fine.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.