Webinar videos

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
Jeffsarge
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Webinar videos

Post by Jeffsarge »

There is a 3-4 month backlog of DP webinar videos listed on the DP site as “coming soon”. Does anyone know when these will be posted? I’m really close to buying DP and I think watching some of these would really help with my decision. It seems like one of DP’s issues is a lack of training material compared to other DAWs. It’s a shame that these videos are sitting on a server somewhere and not available.
cuttime

Re: Webinar videos

Post by cuttime »

They are slowly being posted pending editing:
https://www.youtube.com/c/motuTV/videos
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Jeffsarge

Post by Jeffsarge »

Thanks
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

Groove3 has a good DP 10 series. They are running an all access free 7 day trial now.
https://www.groove3.com/browse/by-categ ... -performer
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
dickhauser

Post by dickhauser »

Hmm No posts since Aug 1. I may have not found the right spot. I wasn't able to catch the Aug 20 Webinar. I'm interested in playing live music in a Zoom meeting and the Aug 20 webinar included that subject. Did anyone catch that session?
Dick H

24" iMac M3, OS Sonoma 14.4.1 , 16GB, DP 11.31
828x, 8Pre, Mach5 3.2.1
dix

Post by dix »

dickhauser wrote:Hmm No posts since Aug 1. I may have not found the right spot. I wasn't able to catch the Aug 20 Webinar. I'm interested in playing live music in a Zoom meeting and the Aug 20 webinar included that subject. Did anyone catch that session?
I saw most of it I think, but since it’s not an area of particular use for me I didn’t absorb all that much I’m afraid. There’s a Facebook group called MOTUguru that’s de facto official group for the webinars. Someone there could definitely help. I remember a lot of people were very interested (just not me).

With any luck, by the time the video shows up, in a few months, we will be out of lockdown and no longer care.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
dickhauser

Post by dickhauser »

thanks, dix. I'll try the facebook group.

As to Covid19, I'm using the 1918 pandemic as a best forecast (something around two years) so I'm not as optimistic, but I hope your right.
Dick H

24" iMac M3, OS Sonoma 14.4.1 , 16GB, DP 11.31
828x, 8Pre, Mach5 3.2.1
bdr

Post by bdr »

MOTU are so ridiculously slow posting them...we are months behind. They clearly couldn't care less about non-Nth American customers. Ive emailed and asked if they could either be a little more timely in their postings, or perhaps consider an alternate time that is not the middle of the night in Australia so we could join live.

No response.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

bdr wrote:MOTU are so ridiculously slow posting them...we are months behind. They clearly couldn't care less about non-Nth American customers. Ive emailed and asked if they could either be a little more timely in their postings, or perhaps consider an alternate time that is not the middle of the night in Australia so we could join live.

No response.
Here on the west coast, I haven't been able to call in on more than a couple myself: 9:30 am is not a good time. My bet is there is one person to create and run the webinars, and to package them up for posting, and if so the priority is clear.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

I'm hoping they get edited soon as well. I live on the east coast and most of the time it's very hard for me to take a 1.5 - 2 hour break in the middle of my work day.

Most of the time I feel lucky when I'm able to grab lunch LOL.
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)
Jeffsarge

Post by Jeffsarge »

Just curious, is there any movement on posting the webinar videos? We are now at over a years worth of videos stamped “coming soon”.
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

I was able to attend a few webinars early on during the pandemic but have missed most of them. I wish MOTU would get them out, edited or not. There's a lot of valuable info in them.
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)
60s Pop Man

Post by 60s Pop Man »

funkyfreddy wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:08 am I wish MOTU would get them out, edited or not. There's a lot of valuable info in them.
Yes! Edited or not, just release them!

The few available that I've watched have been eye-opening experiences, helping to me to really understand DP.

It's killing me to review the long list of topics Coming Soon. :(
M1 Mac mini 1TB/16GB, macOS 13.4.1, DP11.22, audiofront MIDI Expression iO, MOTU M2&M4, UAD Apollo
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

60s Pop Man wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:52 am
funkyfreddy wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:08 am I wish MOTU would get them out, edited or not. There's a lot of valuable info in them.
Yes! Edited or not, just release them!

The few available that I've watched have been eye-opening experiences, helping to me to really understand DP.

It's killing me to review the long list of topics Coming Soon. :(
This is not some sort of MOTU complaint (I'm a fan), but it would be cool if they might consider making the unedited videos available to registered MOTU customers. They wouldn't have to post them on YouTube. Maybe we could just enter a serial number, and they could provide us with a "private" link so we can learn all about the awesome stuff discussed in those videos.

I only say this because that material is just too good to let it slip through the cracks and end up in the abyss.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

Tritonemusic wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:04 am
This is not some sort of MOTU complaint (I'm a total fan), but it would be cool if they might consider making the unedited videos available to registered MOTU customers. They wouldn't have to post them on YouTube. Maybe we could just enter a serial number, and they could provide us with a "private" link so we can learn all about the awesome stuff discussed in those videos.

I only say this because that material is just too good to let it slip through the cracks and end up in the abyss.
[/quote]

Yes! That's a great idea! Allow paying customers to view and learn from them privately :)