Not Wasting Enough Time?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Not Wasting Enough Time?

Post by bayswater »

I saw this emulator of Mac OS 8.1. Lots of fun. It actually works, and comes with a working copy of Photoshop 3, Claris, IE, Netscape, etc. Perhaps it will run DP 3 or maybe DP 2.

If you're looking for real punishment, the same author does a Windows 95 emulation.

Download is about half way down this page.
https://github.com/felixrieseberg/macintosh.js
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
stubbsonic

Re: Not Wasting Enough Time?

Post by stubbsonic »

That might be an intriguing waste of time, indeed. I was an avid Clarisworks user back in the day. Still need to open up Appleworks on a legacy machine now and again (that machine is running Tiger- 10.4)

If I felt compelled to try it, I'd probably want to see if I could get Performer to run. Just for a little walk down memory lane.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Gravity Jim

Re: Not Wasting Enough Time?

Post by Gravity Jim »

Hilarious. Man, I remember when System 7 was the Real Hot Setup. Hard to believe we worked at such cruddy resolution!
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]