COVID isolation project - vol. 2

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
FrankD
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

COVID isolation project - vol. 2

Post by FrankD »

We had a great response to our first "lockdown" video, so the friends and I made vol. 2... I started by doing a mockup of all the parts plus click map in DP10, then uploaded it all for everyone to load into whatever DAW they have.

Individual parts were sent back to me, and I recorded my own parts and mixed it all in DP10. We had fun making it. Hope you like!

https://youtu.be/bgnvR9bOWKg

P.S. The hardest part for me was editing the video... :?
peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
Our "lockdown" videos!
crduval

Re: COVID isolation project - vol. 2

Post by crduval »

I have always loved this song so much, and you and the rest of the band sang it beautifully. This is like balm for my soul for this horrible, awful year, and the message is so deeply appreciated and welcome. The vocals sound amazing. like a nice warm blanket. Thanks so much, sincerely, great work.
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Nice, Frank. 8)
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
splenny

Post by splenny »

sounds terrific all around. Of course the performances, but also the productions. well done!
(aka "dave from brooklyn"
DP 10.11; Neumann TLM103; Manley Core Channel Strip; Broadhurst Garden Preamp; Duet 2; Ultralite MKII Hybrid; MacMini i7 (2019), 3 GHz; 32 GB Ram; 10.6. Altiverb; Omnisphere; several NI libraries. Plug ins: UAD, Izotope Mix And Mastering Suite, Nomad Factory, Eventide.
MacBookPro 2.3 GHz 2017 ; Intel Core i5; 8GB ram; 10.6. Altiverb.
AND lots of woodwinds ...
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Thank you everyone, for the fantastic comments!

I passed them along to the rest of the band.

We're working on vol. 3, will be sure to post here when it's ready!
peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
Our "lockdown" videos!