New Composition with Video

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
zuul-studios
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New Composition with Video

Post by zuul-studios »

Hi -

To be honest, I'm reluctant to share this because. . . well. . . most of you are Pros, and I'm just a hack hobbyist who likes to compose (whenever I make the time to write music).

This is a video of our Spring vacation that we took. . . while staying home. We live near the Berkshire and Catskill Mountains area (being closer to the Berkshires, actually), so during our vacation we did lots of hiking. . . which is a safe thing to do during the Age of Pandemic. Of course, I took LOTS of photos and videos of our hikes! We really do live in a beautiful area of the country.

The composition came first, though. I wrote it (using Finale) earlier this year. I used MOTU's DP10, of course, along with an older templet of VIs housed on the happy VEPro 7. The composition, itself, doesn't have a title yet. (I probably won't give it a title as it's part of the video which does have one.) The music seemed to lend itself to the photos & videos of our springtime hiking adventures. It ain't gonna win an Academy award! But I really do enjoy doing this. . . (And yes! I do like my DP 10 program!)

So. . . Here's the video. If anything, I hope this video gives you an appetite to visit this area of the world. It has lots of trails with lots of scenic outlooks. Just click on the link. . .

Warm Regards to All. . .

Ted

https://vimeo.com/427571241

Edited to Add:
This video also features a relatively new drone that we purchased. Drones are soooo freakin' cool!!! :D
Computer:
Apple's M2 Mac Studio with 96 RAM; macOS X 14.5 (beta 3); 1 Internal SSD, 8 External SSDs, MOTU 828es audio device, AKAI MPK88 Keyboard Controller

Software:
DP11.31, Logic Pro X, FCPX, DaVinci Resolve; VSL's Super Package, VEPro 7 & MIR Pro, VI Pro 2; Altiverb 8; Cinesample's CineSympnony Complete Bundle; Native-Instrument's Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition, and many more VIs.
leigh

Re: New Composition with Video

Post by leigh »

It's nice to see beauty and fun in the midst of our unrelenting horror. Thanks for posting it; it really improved my mood!

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Gorgeous & sweet. I love it!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Lovely. Thank you for sharing! :D
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Very nice, Ted... both the video and the music!

Do you ever go to the Mt. Washington state forest or Bash Bish Falls? I live way downstate, but have a couple of friends in that area. Great hiking!

The landscape up there looks a lot like my area in the lower Hudson Valley. Hiking is a great way to clear your head, and you look like you really enjoy it! Keep it up, and keep making great music!
peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
Our "lockdown" videos!
Oddur G

Post by Oddur G »

Very nice music and the video too with humor. In my opinion there´s no need to excuse not being a pro :) Thanks for sharing.

oddur g
DP 11, Mac Studio M1, Mac mini 2012 i7, Os X 10.13.6 Motu 828 es, Audient asp 880, Macbook Air, Os X 10.11.16, Motu 828x, UAD-2 octo tb quad/duo firewire, various preamps and other outboard. G4 Dual 1.25, 424pci, Motu 2408mk3, UAD-1 (4) Arturia Keylab 88 mkii, Kurzweil K2000, K2500, Motu micro express (2) MIDI Express 128
Asensory

Post by Asensory »

Very enjoyable. Lovely photography, both drone and camera, and the music is well-composed and catchy. Would love to play some real sax to replace the sampled sax parts ... not that I'm a great sax player .. just would be fun.

Thanks for posting.
sanjupawar

Post by sanjupawar »

Thanks..............
Get all the news and happenings across India. Get details about upcoming web series, latest trending, top movies all at one place.
trending news in hindi