Stuck MIDI Note Issues...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Flare
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Stuck MIDI Note Issues...

Post by Flare »

I did a quick search for stuck MIDI notes to no fruitful avail and figured I'd just post the question.

Has anyone figured out a quick fix for this without restarting DP.

It's making me want to stick a fricking gun barrel in my mouth!

Tanx a bunch!

(G5 2.5, 5G RAM, UAD, Waves, NI, MachV, Spectrasonic, etc)
instacue

Stuck too.....

Post by instacue »

Despite trying all the remedies posted on this board for the last 8 months & despite having all the latest MOTU drivers and a new 2nd internal hard drive with a newly installed System 10.3.9 with all permissions repaired, etc, I still get bouts of extreme stuck notes. I've tried removing USB hubs - even virtual instruments stick. It never happens in DP 4.12, only in 4.5 and beyond. I'm at my wits end. MOTU techs haven't been able to help. Anyone????
--DP 4.6, Mac G4 Dual 1.4 Gig, 2 Gig ram, Sys 10.3.9, 10.2.8, Aurora Igniter LT pci card, PCI 424, 2408 optical in and out to Apogee AD-8000, Apogee DA16, 3 MTP AV USBs, MTP II, MidiExpress 128. 12 SampleCell cards on Nubus Mac, 2 GigaStudio PCs, Aardsync II word clock house sync, Mach V, Stylus RMX, Atmosphere, Trilogy, SoundSoap, SoundSoap Pro
fsheinfeld

Post by fsheinfeld »

Same here!
I tried every suggestion, but the problem remains. In fact, it seems it got worse with DP4.6. Now it takes 1 or 2 measures for MIDI to "lock" and play on time. Even the click starts out of time. This happens after working for a while. Once I restart the problem resets for 30 mins or so.

My MIDI setup is very simple: G4 1.0ghz dual w/OSX 10.3.9, 720 ram + 2 Midiexpress.
Last edited by fsheinfeld on Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fsheinfeld

Post by fsheinfeld »

EDIT: double post
Buckage

Post by Buckage »

I've been having a problem with sticking MIDI notes if I have the "wait for MIDI" button engaged. If I don't have that engaged it works great. The problem is that I love that ability. Haven't been able to figure that one out yet but I believe it has to do with my Giga studios (which have usb MIDI sports).

Please let me know if anyone figures out anything about this problem.
Flare

Post by Flare »

Interesting info guys. Thanks A LOT! The MIDI input button causing the stick is interesting. I'll have to check that out.

From what I'm gathering, certain VI's are causing issues. I've recently installed MX4, to go along with a host of other soft instrument, and it seems that this is one of several that introduce the note stick problem.
fsheinfeld

Post by fsheinfeld »

I think you are up to something! I unchecked the wait for MIDI box (which I always use) and now the sequence starts fine. Lets see if this also keeps the notes from sticking.

btw I don't have VI with DP and the problems remains. I'm pretty sure the problem is within DP or OSX, not outside (if we are having the same problem, of course)
jeepbird

Post by jeepbird »

Since I haven't use the "wait for MIDI" button, I seldom see the stuck MIDI problem in DP4.5 again. However, whenever I try to use DP4.6, the problem re-appears.

I'm using the same setup for 4.5 & 4.6, because they can co-exist in one machine.

I use some VIs. But the problem seems worst when I use Real Guitar (it's a really good VI for keyboard players by the way).

Hope someone can figure out the real problem. Now I work mostly on 4.5.

---------------

G5 dual 2.5G/4.5G Ram/VIs=Ivory+Stormdrum+Spectrasonics+EWSO Platinum+Real Guitar/MicroExpress USB