Reflekt Audio

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Rick Averill
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Reflekt Audio

Post by Rick Averill »

Has anyone had any experience with Reflekt Audio? They have a banjo sample, YoJo Banjo, which they are offering for free. Their demo video looks pretty good, but I wonder why they would give away that and other packages for nothing.
Rick Averill

DP 10, Mac Mojave
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Reflekt Audio

Post by mikehalloran »

“They” is a guy named Daniel. He is giving away some VIs in hopes that you’ll support him by buying others.

It’s a business model that will or will not work for hm.

I’ll snag this banjo and one or two other freebies. I’m also looking at some of his commercial apps and will drop a dime if there’s anything I like.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Rick Averill

Post by Rick Averill »

mikehalloran wrote:“They” is a guy named Daniel. He is giving away some VIs in hopes that you’ll support him by buying others.

It’s a business model that will or will not work for hm.

I’ll snag this banjo and one or two other freebies. I’m also looking at some of his commercial apps and will drop a dime if there’s anything I like.
I would be interested to know if you’ve gotten any of the plugins and if you had any luck with them. I downloaded the banjo plug, but when I tried to load it in DP, it gave me a message saying that it couldn’t find any instruments and then DP froze on me, repeatedly. I emailed the guy and he said to reboot, which I did, and the same thing happened. I emailed him back and told him what happened, but he hasn’t responded again.
Rick Averill

DP 10, Mac Mojave
Rick Averill

Post by Rick Averill »

Update—He finally got back with me and we got the plugin working. So although it took a while, it all worked out in the end.
Rick Averill

DP 10, Mac Mojave