DP10 updates, or lack thereof recently.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mfny
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP10 updates, or lack thereof recently.

Post by mfny »

Hi all

I note there has not been a new build/update for quite some time, anyone know what is going on ?
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP10 updates, or lack thereof recently.

Post by Michael Canavan »

mfny wrote:Hi all

I note there has not been a new build/update for quite some time, anyone know what is going on ?
The only confirmed thing is that there is an update coming. Matt has had to "revert to an earlier update beta" for various reasons during the demonstrations. Nothing can be read into it though, since he's been using betas or mentioned that they were betas since he started doing the webinars a few months ago.

As far as what's new in the update is concerned my guess is expression/articulation maps like Logic and Cubase, since one of the guest showcased his elaborate articulation and orchestral system, that wasn't available for sale until the update came out.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
dix

Post by dix »

Michael Canavan wrote:As far as what's new in the update is concerned my guess is expression/articulation maps like Logic and Cubase, since one of the guest showcased his elaborate articulation and orchestral system, that wasn't available for sale until the update came out.
We can always hope. No one is looking forward to that functionality more than me, but I'm not sure I'd even read that much into Steve Steele's comments in that webinar. He could have simply been referring to a resolved incompatibility with his upcoming templates and DP10, rather than new functionality. Even this morsel of a preview is dramatically more info than we normally get.

MOTU is historically quite guarded about information on upcoming updates. Suffice it to say, it's coming soon....ish.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I thought an update was coming soon because there was a 10.12 update to Performer Lite that fixed something I noticed was not right in DP 10.11. Forget what it was.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

dix wrote:We can always hope. No one is looking forward to that functionality more than me, but I'm not sure I'd even read that much into Steve Steele's comments in that webinar. He could have simply been referring to a resolved incompatibility with his upcoming templates and DP10, rather than new functionality. Even this morsel of a preview is dramatically more info than we normally get.

MOTU is historically quite guarded about information on upcoming updates. Suffice it to say, it's coming soon....ish.
It's more fun to speculate wildly. :)

Plus, for all of the webinar, specifically about his orchestral template, he spent zero time on articulations, which is another reason I'm going with my unsubstantiated claims! :lol:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.