Chopin - "The Ocean" Etude Op. 25 No. 12 in Cm

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
muzika
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Chopin - "The Ocean" Etude Op. 25 No. 12 in Cm

Post by muzika »

The sequence of 16 notes forges my piano muscular strength, no, I hate it! But there is the motif which Chopin did well in that, and this music takes in the dissonance beautifully. Chopin is an unprecedented genius.

The sound comes out of DP10.

https://youtu.be/npdrDYXegGM
FMiguelez

Re: Chopin - "The Ocean" Etude Op. 25 No. 12 in Cm

Post by FMiguelez »

I loved the performance -specifically from 00:55 all the way to the restatement of the theme.

It's a very nice dynamic change, and those little crescendo phrases you shape in there sound really fiery and nice.
You have some very effective interpretation ideas, Leo.

I would enjoy this etude even more if you took it a tad, just a little, slower. Otherwise, it's starting to approach super-human speeds at the expense of clarity, and the melody needs room to breathe more. That way, I bet you could state your phrasing and dynamics ideas even better.

Have you done Op 10/4? You can take that one at the speed of light :)

And yes. I totally agree that Chopin was an unprecedented genius. Probably no other composer, not even Liszt or Beethoven himself, have had as much impact on so many pianists at so many levels in so many places at so different times.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
muzika

Re: Chopin - "The Ocean" Etude Op. 25 No. 12 in Cm

Post by muzika »

Yes, I usually play this song slower but the original tempo is much faster than this...LOL
So I tried it for my training purpose at this time.
Musically, YES, I wanna play a bit slower and add more expression to it.

Etude Op.10 No.4 I played this one when I was junior high and much easier than this 'cause no sequence of 16 notes both hands...