Problem with digital artifacts

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
LastEmpire
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Problem with digital artifacts

Post by LastEmpire »

Hello everyone,
I am new to DP and I am having a problem with digital artifacts when I play. https://sndup.net/2hmy here is a short audio (I recorded it on my phone so this was the best way I found to share it) of where the problem is. This is recording from VST but I get this no matter what. I have tested it in other DAWs and DP is the only one that is having this issue. Thanks for all the help.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Problem with digital artifacts

Post by FMiguelez »

I'm so not clicking on that link...

The posts seems a bit suspicious. What version of DP are you using?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
LastEmpire

Post by LastEmpire »

I understand your concern and if you show me a better way of uploading audio online in sort of imgur fashion I will upload it there. My version is 10.11.83650
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

Soundcloud is a good place to post.

Have you checked DP's buffer size?
LastEmpire

Post by LastEmpire »

I was gonna post there but ypu need to create an account and even after that it doesn’t support M4A or I have to download an app which is all too long of a process with no guarantee at the end. Best I can do from my phone is this: https://gofile.io/d/bi449b , the audio is right there and if you have a problem with clicking the link or with the page then google gofile.io; they also have patreon and you can google “gofile.io scam” or there are site checkers online like virustotal and kaspersky have something like this. I don’t want to spend ages looking for a way to upload this.

This sounds like buffer problem so I will check that. Thanks for proposing some kind of solution.