A question about clips and DX10

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mike_o
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

A question about clips and DX10

Post by mike_o »

I've been on the fence about updating and have been a little out of the loop on the current version of DP, did they finally add the ability to use clips to track and record an arrangement into the sequencer timeline yet?

I looked at some update info online and i didn't a clear answer.

Thanks.
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: A question about clips and DX10

Post by Michael Canavan »

mike_o wrote:I've been on the fence about updating and have been a little out of the loop on the current version of DP, did they finally add the ability to use clips to track and record an arrangement into the sequencer timeline yet?

I looked at some update info online and i didn't a clear answer.

Thanks.
Yeah that's there now. There is one bug in that the "back to Arrangement" feature is busted, so switching between Clips and arrangement timelines requires purging the clips. You can record into Clips and into the timeline with clips though.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.