MIDI Tempo Map

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Mia
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MIDI Tempo Map

Post by Mia »

Hey, everyone.

I 'm trying out DP and I have freely (not with a click) recorded a MIDI performance.
I was wondering if I can create a tempo map from this MIDI track in DP.

I 'm only new in the forum so, please, bare with me. Sorry if this has been asked before. Thank you and take care.

Nick
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MIDI Tempo Map

Post by bayswater »

If you select some MIDI, and go to the Region menu, you will see a command "Set Sequence Tempo From MIDI". You can also render the MIDI to audio (e.g. with a VI) and get into more detailed Beat editing to compute tempo maps within an audio clip. MOTU has a series of 5 videos on the topic. The first is here. https://vimeo.com/81413661
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Mia

Post by Mia »

Thanks for taking time to respond.
Much appreciated.
I 'll check it out.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

You could record a MIDI tap onto another track (whilst listening to the original track), and even adjust those note-on's to align them to the other track as needed--- the use THAT track as your selection before executing set the tempo from MIDI.

I'd highly recommend working on a duplicated chunk so you can always get back to your original track if things go pear shaped.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Mia

Post by Mia »

Thanks for your reply.
That 's a great idea.
I 'll try it out.
Cheers!
pencilina

Post by pencilina »

Here’s a step by step that works for me:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=59838&p=515725&hil ... na#p505931
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina