DP10 crashes using EW PLAY 6

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
laryan
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP10 crashes using EW PLAY 6

Post by laryan »

Hello:

I upgraded to DP10 from DP8 a few weeks ago. Using a Windows 10 desktop, intel i9, 32G RAM, 512GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 7200 rpm hard drive, RME fireface.

I am able to load my East West libraries using the latest version of PLAY 6. I am able to record and playback the loaded instruments if I do not change any setting in the PLAY player.

The problem I'm having is that DP freezes and crashes every time I adjust settings in the PLAY player. When I try to adjust stereo pan, master volume, ambience level, etc. I get a big static sound through the monitors/headphone, Total MIX mixer levels spike, everything freezes and DP crashes and shuts down.

PLAY works perfectly fine in standalone mode. It's only in DP as a vst do I have a problem. The windows event viewer shows DP.exe error codes, but I don't know how to interpret them.

Any thoughts what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.