DP 10 (newest build) and Dune 3.2 (newest build)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jsg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP 10 (newest build) and Dune 3.2 (newest build)

Post by jsg »

Hi people!

I can't get DP to run Dune, a VST softsynth. It ran fine under Windows 7, but now I am on Windows 10. It fails to pass VST examination. what can I do about this? I've tried reinstalling Dune, it doesn't fix it. I've also downloaded the latest Windows updates...

Thanks!
Jerry
http://www.jerrygerber.com
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 10 (newest build) and Dune 3.2 (newest build)

Post by bayswater »

Is this a 32 versus 64 bit problem?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
jsg

Post by jsg »

bayswater wrote:Is this a 32 versus 64 bit problem?
No, I don't think so. It's probably a bug in DP because I overrode the VST examination process and told DP to load the VST anyway. It loaded successfully and now works, but in the plugin manager it still says that the plugin has "failed" examination. I called MOTU but the tech support people don't seem to know why it works even though it failed to pass the examination.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bayswater »

jsg wrote:
bayswater wrote:Is this a 32 versus 64 bit problem?
No, I don't think so. It's probably a bug in DP because I overrode the VST examination process and told DP to load the VST anyway. It loaded successfully and now works, but in the plugin manager it still says that the plugin has "failed" examination. I called MOTU but the tech support people don't seem to know why it works even though it failed to pass the examination.
Good that it's working. I have used plugins that failed examination (in Logic -- not sure if I've forced one to work in DP), and they've worked, until they didn't.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Cat48

Post by Cat48 »

I'm still using DP9.5 with Windows 8.1 and I have Dune CM the free version made for Computer Music, it runs fine in the 32 but not the 64 bit version. I'm pretty sure it fails inspection for the 64 bit version because it's never available to use.
I may try overriding as you have done.

Another plug in that I've found DP doesn't seem to get along with too well on the same system is Magix (formerly Yellow Tools') Independence Pro Sampler Workstation.

I have overriden this and it works but it causes DP to hang on exit. If I disable Indy DP shuts down nicely. Sometimes it also requests authorization again, if I cancel the notification it settles down.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk