Limited Time Free Reverbs: From NI & Arturia - Xmas Special

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Limited Time Free Reverbs: From NI & Arturia - Xmas Special

Post by billf »

MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
stubbsonic

Re: Limited Time Free Reverbs: From NI & Arturia - Xmas Spec

Post by stubbsonic »

I like how Arturia says:

"No catch, no “trial version”, no nonsense, just an awesome free effect for you to enjoy right now. "

Then I press the download button and it takes me to a page where I must create an account.

Oh wait. I have an account. Now I have to wait for a license and install a SOFTWARE CENTER.

It's fine, just funny how different people define "no nonsense" and "right now".

Does sound like a nice plug. I like plates especially loaded with cookies.

But, honestly, do I need another effin' software center, etc etc. Just more crap to keep track of. Nonsense, really.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

stubbsonic wrote:But, honestly, do I need another effin' software center, etc etc. Just more crap to keep track of. Nonsense, really.
Thou seemest to forget that the "software center" approach solves that huge problem of "crap to keep track of". It automatically tracks which of the (many many) plugins have updates from a maker, and updates the plugins for you. I hate having to chase down updates. I wish Eventide would give me a software center!

I love the graphic for the Arturia offering - back when particle-board was a "hip" item to build stuff with!!!

The free NI offering ("Raum") is a monster reverb that will become regarded as a classic, I predict.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

I'll pass.

I've resisted IK's free offerings and mega sales for years for the same reasons, Stubbsy.

I can't stand blanket installations of plugin collections and their attendant files all for the sake of a single plugin. Then there's the signup... and registration... and opting out of the email barrage...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

monkey man wrote:I'll pass.

I've resisted IK's free offerings and mega sales for years for the same reasons, Stubbsy.

I can't stand blanket installations of plugin collections and their attendant files all for the sake of a single plugin. Then there's the signup... and registration... and opting out of the email barrage...
Just FYI, neither NI or Arturia do those "blanket installations" of every plugin they make just to get the one you registered, which I also find very annoying. Of course, I already have NI and Arturia products (many many), so this is not even an inconvenience for me. I get what you both are saying if this is only for a free plugin. If you do play with any sound design, Raum is definitely worth the trouble, though.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Thanks Terry.

Yeah, I grabbed RAUM the other day 'cause I already had an NI account due to having acquired PHASIS and Replica in the past.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Free reverbs! Oooooohh Oooooooh Oooooooh

The Arturia Software Center is a bit of a pain but a major improvement over previous licensing schemes.

If you have NI’s Native Access already as you should if you have any of their plugs, then adding a freebie is a piece of cake.

Yea, it would be nice if Eventide would adopt one thing similar. You now have to check and download upgrades individually — easy, yes but automatic would be nice.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

mikehalloran wrote:Free reverbs! Oooooohh Oooooooh Oooooooh

The Arturia Software Center is a bit of a pain but a major improvement over previous licensing schemes.

If you have NI’s Native Access already as you should if you have any of their plugs, then adding a freebie is a piece of cake.

Yea, it would be nice if Eventide would adopt one thing similar. You now have to check and download upgrades individually — easy, yes but automatic would be nice.
Funny, I find Arturias Software Center to be pretty slick. I don't get notifications from Native Access, and I don't see any way to set it up. It's set up to give me notifications in System Preferences but it doesn't
Practically the only notification that I want or have set up is for plug in updates and Arturia does this. :)

Another Naive Access annoyance, NI choose to offer you upgrades to their latest version of Controller Editor, great! I decline, and update Maschine which automagically updates the Controller Editor. :roll:

In the end though I like both a lot more than meandering over to the website to check on updates.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.