Stuck in Recovery Mode After APFS Conversion

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Stuck in Recovery Mode After APFS Conversion

Post by Babz »

UPDATE 3:

Think I fixed the slow progress bar boot problem.

Zapping the Pram didn't work.

BUT, what appears to have fixed it was shutting down the Mini and unplugging the power cable for a minute or so. (This apparently is how you reset the SMC on the Mini).

So, cautiously optimistic..

Thanks to anyone who has hung with me this far.. :boohoo:
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by cuttime »

I wish you the best, and thanks for sharing your experience. I just felt really helpless and had nothing constructive to offer, but if I'm not mistaken, wasn't APFS supposed to only work on SSDs?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

cuttime wrote:I wish you the best, and thanks for sharing your experience. I just felt really helpless and had nothing constructive to offer
Ha, thanks! It nice to know someone is out there at least!

This was a tough one, it took every trick in the book, but at this point, I'm pretty much back in business. I cloned the drive using SuperDuper to SSD in external USB 3 enclosure, then installed it in the Mini. Testing it out for several hours, going through my dozens of plugins, so far and all seems to be working well. Super zippy! I didn't even have to reauthorize 90% of my plugins (including DP). The only ones giving me trouble are Spitfire Audio LABS (which is set of FREE instruments) and Waves! Been on the phone w/ Waves tech support 3 times now! #@!$%^@#! Waves! :smash: :mumble:
Last edited by Babz on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by cuttime »

Well, if you're a glutton for punishment, now's the time to check out DP 10.1.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31