'drag and drop' with Stylus RMX? how to?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
artfarm1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

'drag and drop' with Stylus RMX? how to?

Post by artfarm1 »

Does anyone have any luck using Stylus RMX in DP? I can't get the 'drag and drop' to work very consistantly....it may work once, then not again....then it will decide to work again......very frustrating!

Does 'drag and drop' work better in 'Tracks' or 'Sequence' window?
Do you have to drag in a special way?

I've made sure that 'Read and Write' options are being used in 'Get Info' windows' as suggested on the Spectrasonics website.

Any help is appreciated!

Cam Millar
doodles

Post by doodles »

yep, works great!stylus rmx is truly an amazing beast.

set up a MIDI channel (stylus rmx-1) drag the MIDI file from stylus (where it says drag and drop) into the tracks overview window, and hey presto, it'll pay the sound from whichever loop you've gopt selected.
dtobocman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by dtobocman »

Works flawlessly here too... Stylus RMX is revolutionary. It has instantly changed everything for me.
genel

Post by genel »

What you may be missing is the need to address separate MIDI channels on Stylus.
stylus rmx-1-1
stylus rmx-1-2
stylus rmx-1-3 etc. Each one representing one of the eight ••œchannels••
Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.
R. Buckminster Fuller
http://www.facebook.com/GeneLennonProductions
thracks

Post by thracks »

I think it works best in the Tracks Overview window. I've never had a problem.
melodesiac420

Post by melodesiac420 »

I have had no problems with the drag & drop feature on my stylus w/DP. That is one of the coolest features ever.

As long as I drag to the appropriately assigned MIDI channel like genel said, works like a champ.

I think spectrasonics has their sh!t together!
I'm not really a smartass..... However....I did stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night.
artfarm1

Got it happening now!

Post by artfarm1 »

Thanks all....things are great now.....(I had re-labelled some of my tracks and was not dropping into what I though should have been my designated MIDI track.

Yeah, Stylus is pretty cool.....great stuff! And so is DP 4.6. It's really fantastic.....can't imagine being without it....MOTU has done great work.

Thanks again.
artfarm1

Got it happening now!

Post by artfarm1 »

Thanks all....things are great now.....(I had re-labelled some of my tracks and was not dropping into what I though should have been my designated MIDI track.

Yeah, Stylus is pretty cool.....great stuff! And so is DP 4.6. It's really fantastic.....can't imagine being without it....MOTU has done great work.

Thanks again.