Reason 11 Studio Plug ins

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ckent5846
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Reason 11 Studio Plug ins

Post by ckent5846 »

I have DP 10.1 for windows10 For Plug ins I have the UVI Workstation,
Miroslav Orchestra CE 2. When I check Reason VST3 Plugins it crashes
DP and then it loses my UVI Workstation and IK Muti Media PLug in
and the only way to get the UVI and Miroslav Orchestra back is to reimage
my PC. What is the issue with Reason 11 plugins in DP 10 how do I resolve
Any Help would b e appreciated
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Reason 11 Studio Plug ins

Post by corbo-billy »

Reason Rack in VST3 version work fine withBitwig, Cubase, Live 10 or perhaps Studio One which accept VST 3 format like so D.P. 10 _
But, you're right with the crash with MOTU Daw .

I'm in beta-test with the Reason Rack AU version and the REASON Rack work fine since a few hours. But for now, the REASON Rack Instruments is not detected (just the FX version).
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Yeah Reason rack doesn't show up in OSX in DP10 outside of the plug in browser, it's in there as passing validation, but it does not show up as a plug in.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
ckent5846
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by ckent5846 »

RE my question on DP 10 and Reason 11 Plug In's VST3
I am on Windows 10 not MacOS
Michael Canavan

ckent5846 wrote:RE my question on DP 10 and Reason 11 Plug In's VST3
I am on Windows 10 not MacOS
Yeah, I get that, I'm confirming it's a cross platform problem. The VST doesn't show up in DP's tracks on OS X. It also crashes by freezing the GUI of Reapr here on OS X. Basically I'm pretty dammed certain that it's a Reason issue, it's barely ready for prime time. :banghead:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Michael Canavan

Oh, and submit a bug report to Reason Studios. Considering the amount of DAWs and platforms it's having issues with, I think your chances of solving the bug through a forums or by yourself are pretty low, so the only thing you can do that will help is alert Reason Studios to the issue. I got decent support from Reason Studios when I submitted my ticket, at least acknowledgment with a "logging" version of Reason to catch the bugs etc.
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

What really got to me with Reason 11 is that rewire doesn't work anymore but they haven't implemented AU use yet, nor is it working as a VST3, which makes Reason 11 unusable with Digital Performer. I beta tested Reason 11 and never once got it's rack feature to work within DP :( I sent many reports into Reason Studios about this....

DP is my main DAW. It's much easier to edit and mix with. I start things in Reason but always finish my serious work in DP.

They want me to fork over $249 for an upgrade that isn't working yet. They give you a bunch of RE's but I'm not looking so much for RE's as I am serious tools that will improve my work flow....

I like Scenic but they don't allow you to import your own samples into it.... only a small selection of presets. They say you will be able to import your own samples into it in a future upgrade.... they are also promising Audio Unit functionality in a future upgrade....

Hmm..... guess who's waiting for the upgrade before spending any more $$
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)
Michael Canavan

funkyfreddy wrote:What really got to me with Reason 11 is that rewire doesn't work anymore but they haven't implemented AU use yet, nor is it working as a VST3, which makes Reason 11 unusable with Digital Performer. I beta tested Reason 11 and never once got it's rack feature to work within DP :( I sent many reports into Reason Studios about this....
That's depressing, tech support did acknowledge the bug with DP was in their radar, but the fact they introduced it to the world without support for DP is, stupid.

I literally upgraded from v2.5, thinking Reason Rack would make it worth it, basically getting a great Rompler and synth rack etc. but so far it works in only 2 out of 6 possible DAWs on my computer. That's a piss poor ratio.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

funkyfreddy wrote:
I like Scenic but they don't allow you to import your own samples into it.... only a small selection of presets. They say you will be able to import your own samples into it in a future upgrade.... they are also promising Audio Unit functionality in a future upgrade....

Hmm..... guess who's waiting for the upgrade before spending any more $$
Scenic has been updated recently (1.1 version ) and you can use your own samples now. User Sample Loading is now available, drop an audio sample onto either waveform and select User Sample in the drop-down menu for playback.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nstrument/

Since yesterday, I received the Reason Rack AU version in Beta-test and it works fine with Digital Performer 10.01.
I think it will be available before Christmas. 8)
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

corbo-billy wrote:
Since yesterday, I received the Reason Rack AU version in Beta-test and it works fine with Digital Performer 10.01.
I think it will be available before Christmas. 8)
I received the Beta test too - but haven't installed it yet. Glad to hear that you got this AU version working okay corbo-billy. Maybe I'll wait till the update!
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Michael Canavan

I just signed up for the beta, since it literally only works in 2 out of 6 DAWs I have installed here.
Come to think of it though, I didn't try it in VEP? Should do that before I instal the beta.
Michael Canavan

Michael Canavan wrote:I just signed up for the beta, since it literally only works in 2 out of 6 DAWs I have installed here.
Come to think of it though, I didn't try it in VEP? Should do that before I instal the beta.
[edit] VEP 6 only supports VST2 plug in hosting.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Guitar Gaz wrote: I received the Beta test too - but haven't installed it yet. Glad to hear that you got this AU version working okay corbo-billy. Maybe I'll wait till the update!
Another Reason 11 beta version (AU) has just arrived because some small issues leaving D.P. with need to force to leave; I hope it will improve.
But in the whole, a good behavior to use to use this Reason Rack .

EDIT: it's official now .

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes
lydian91

Post by lydian91 »

AU instrument and FX plugins are working fine in DP but not in VE Pro. The plugin loads, but the interface is a blank white box...ugh. Not a show stopper, but it's a disappointment. Support tickets off to VSL and RS.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra (192GB RAM) | macOS 13.5.2 | MOTU M4 | DP 11.3
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

lydian91 wrote: The plugin loads, but the interface is a blank white box...ugh. Not a show stopper, but it's a disappointment. Support tickets off to VSL and RS.
The same with Five12 Numerology4 Pro .