Performer Lite Video up on YouTube

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Performer Lite Video up on YouTube

Post by James Steele »

Just got a notification from MOTU's YouTube channel. Actually they posted this a few days ago and apparently pulled it down. Here it is:

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dewdman42

Re: Performer Lite Video up on YouTube

Post by dewdman42 »

I like the MIDI regions. I hope that they bring some of that to DP
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

I have no doubt all of it is coming to DP. In other videos they show that MIDI can be seen in the traditional Note mode, this is as it should be. I appreciate the MIDI regions features of other DAWs when I use them, but am constantly annoyed that it's near impossible to turn it off.

The left and right markers being constantly visible with a solid line shown as an indicator it's On, is also something that I'm glad MOTU took from other DAWs.

Logic style looping with Clips is much improved over what we have now as well.

All in all if all this comes to DP it's a great thing. The constant complaints about DP being a dinosaur are looking more and more foolish.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Clips. Same as MIDI Regions?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

How are MIDI Regions different from the MIDI phrasing blocks that are currently available in the DP Tracks Overview? I guess I just don't understand how it is that different.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

You have very little control over MIDI parsing block. If it's anything like other DAWs you'll have total control over MIDI clips' size, repeats etc. They'd be addressable as an object.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Michael Canavan

Exactly, Clips are basically the same as regions, object oriented MIDI in general. They're showing them being able to be resized, and with easier looping than regular Note view in the Sequence Editor.
With parsing in DPs Tracks window it's sett to a specific size and done by DP, Clips are determined size wise by the user. What I'm super curious about is if the same MIDI data can be seen and edited etc. as Clips or Notes at the change of view? like we can do with notes and automation or audio, pitch and Bite volume? I really hope this is the case, because it's the best of all worlds.

I really wish they would have updated DP10 "Heavy" at the same time this came out, they must have reasons I guess? Hopefully it's just giving enough time for their new hardware to get advertising space?
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
MW1

Post by MW1 »

Hopefully we'll see these UI improvements in DP soon enough.

...but honestly MOTU - what's with the excruciating background music in the video - It's like a budget airline safety presentation.
mike_o

Post by mike_o »

Is there a DP Vs P Lite feature chart somewhere showing what features are in P Lite Vs the flagship software?
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
Michael Canavan

mike_o wrote:Is there a DP Vs P Lite feature chart somewhere showing what features are in P Lite Vs the flagship software?
So far there isn't.
I would guess that doesn't come until they get Clip recording into the timeline in DP10, currently only DP Lite does that. I'm antsy about this update, I get not wanting to release a buggy version, I just hope they aren't saving it for NAMM. :deadhorse:
mike_o

Post by mike_o »

Michael Canavan wrote: So far there isn't.
I would guess that doesn't come until they get Clip recording into the timeline in DP10, currently only DP Lite does that. I'm antsy about this update, I get not wanting to release a buggy version, I just hope they aren't saving it for NAMM. :deadhorse:
I hadn't thought about saving it for namm, but I was suprised to see the chunks window in that video, It seems like that would be a big deal feature reserved for the full flagship software.
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

bayswater wrote:MIDI Clips. Same as MIDI Regions?
Yes.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
toddbooster
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by toddbooster »

I wish my copy of Audiodesk (whadami gonna do with that anyway?) would turn into a copy of Performer Lite. Sigh.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB, Windows 10 Pro, DP 10.13, MOTU Ultralite AVB.
Michael Canavan

toddbooster wrote:I wish my copy of Audiodesk (whadami gonna do with that anyway?) would turn into a copy of Performer Lite. Sigh.
Email them. All they can do is say no or ghost you. It's also possible that they send you a copy. :)
nk_e

Post by nk_e »

MIDI clips. Finally.

Hallelujah.

:woohoo:

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com