Basics of BPM Sequencer

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's BPM virtual instrument.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

BorisTheChorus
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Basics of BPM Sequencer

Post by BorisTheChorus »

I have never figured out the sequencer section of BPM; just don't find it intuitive, and there's no explanations in the puny manual either. One tutorial by MOTU just skimmed over that part, and there's nothing I ever found on YouTube. Now that I'm back logging on here at the 'nation, I'm wondering if anyone has any tutorial available so I can just watch the logical steps unfold.

I never used an MPC drum machine, thus the paradigm which MOTU probably assumes everyone is familiar with, just doesn't come natural to me.

I only ever used BPM as a drum sampler, but I do have more preferable choices for that from Battery to Kontakt, so it has not been getting much use and was considered a lost investment for years. Would love to get it the 2nd life it deserves to return my investment. Any info appreciated.

Boris
ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Basics of BPM Sequencer

Post by ssp »

Hi Boris

I have been away for sometime and am now just getting back into the swing of things here as the studio is back up and running, Life has a way of taking an unexpected path sometimes.

If you are still looking for help let me know and I will try and help you with this.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!