Old System - New Plugins?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wrathy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Old System - New Plugins?

Post by wrathy »

Here is my situation: my rig is quite elderly, but I'd like to get two "new" plugins.
I have a UAD-1 card, and like the EMT 140 Plate, but no way that I can still get that, as there is no more support/purchases available for that card (I'm also open to other options). I'd also like to get an enhanced pitch-correction tool, but also seems like my options are almost zero, since my OS is so old (10.6.8). DP's is quite good, but in some instances I'd like another option.

FYI, I stopped doing a lot of scoring since I left NY, and that's why I'm such a dinosaur. Also, my system is super stable and runs fine, and I got tired of the constant "chasing the latest" game!

Any insights from some of the brilliant meds here welcome. I used to come here ALOT and always appreciated the wonderful opinions and insights that folks here had to offer.

best.
MAIN: MacPro 3GHz 8 core, 18G RAM, OS 10.6.8 DP 7.24, 2408 Mk III, 2408 mk II, MIDI Express XT, UAD-1, SLAVE: MacPro 3GHz 4 core, 10 G RAM. Libraries: VSL :SE/SE+, App Strings, Woodwinds, Sonic Implants Strings, EWQLSO (platinum) StormDrum II, Ministry of Rock, Motu MX 4, MACH V, NI Komplete 6, w/ plenty o' sample libs, Triton Rack, TX 81Z, Yamaha WX7, assorted woodwinds, drums, Yamaha P22 Piano
HCMarkus

Re: Old System - New Plugins?

Post by HCMarkus »

FYI, pitch correction and time compression/stretching has been improved greatly as of, if I recall correctly, DP9.5. Works really well with complex material now, using the new algorithms. The old algorithm is still available, and continues to work great on monophonic vocals.

Soundtoys has a nice plate plugin; may work under Snow Leopard. Occasionally on sale for $10.
Oops. 10.8 or later for OS. :oops:

I totally get avoiding "chasing the update." My approach is periodic rebuilds, avoiding incrementalism as much as possible. Good luck finding what you seek. :smash:
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
wrathy

Re: Old System - New Plugins?

Post by wrathy »

Thanks for the Reply HCMarkus.
MAIN: MacPro 3GHz 8 core, 18G RAM, OS 10.6.8 DP 7.24, 2408 Mk III, 2408 mk II, MIDI Express XT, UAD-1, SLAVE: MacPro 3GHz 4 core, 10 G RAM. Libraries: VSL :SE/SE+, App Strings, Woodwinds, Sonic Implants Strings, EWQLSO (platinum) StormDrum II, Ministry of Rock, Motu MX 4, MACH V, NI Komplete 6, w/ plenty o' sample libs, Triton Rack, TX 81Z, Yamaha WX7, assorted woodwinds, drums, Yamaha P22 Piano