Kontakt libraries 2,3,4 needed

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Kontakt libraries 2,3,4 needed

Post by toodamnhip »

Hey everyone.
I am in need of the full library folders for old versions of Kontakt, as well as the Kontakt 4 Factory Selection Library.
This means Kontakt 2, 3 and 4.
I have owned them all, but unfortunately, erased my older library folders when moving to Kontakt 5 and Ultimate 11.

I cannot find the full install libraries for these older versions anywhere. Trying to make earlier versions read the current Komplete 11 library folders doesn't work. NI must have made changes to the formatting or something. The end goal is to open old session files I that have Kontakt 2, 3 and 4.

I am not opposed to paying for these libraries again, but of course, someone providing a legacy library download for free would be cool too. I just need to open old session files and NI doesn't sell their old libraries any more. I bought all these libraries originally, no pirating here.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Kontakt libraries 2,3,4 needed

Post by stubbsonic »

I'm sure it would be more work, but you could just try to open the sessions and replace the Kontakt sounds with whatever the Kontakt 5 or 6 versions would include. I expect the sounds will in many cases be an improvement.

I guess it depends on how much customization you did of the Kontakt library and what kinds of sounds you were using. I'd expect that in many cases you would just load the current version of whatever sound you were using and tweak levels and EQ. But again, depends on which sounds you were using.

Installing the libraries for versions 2, 3 AND 4 seems pretty intense-- since I'd expect the overlap between those versions is pretty significant.

FWIW, I do have the installer disks for all three versions. But I don't want to part with them and I'm not sure it would be legal if I did.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com