Emvoice One Vocal synth plugin — free beta for Mac & Windows

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Emvoice One Vocal synth plugin — free beta for Mac & Windows

Post by mikehalloran »

The beta is free to download. No idea the price. Looks intriguing. No idea if I would have a use for it but some will.

Could Emvoice One be the plugin that finally cracks vocal synthesis?

Demo video here
https://www.musicradar.com/news/could-e ... 2209694467

Download here
https://emvoiceapp.com/
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Emvoice One Vocal synth plugin — free beta for Mac & Win

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Looks interesting. I'll wait. Could be a good sketch tool for songwriters, especially the ones who can't sing. Wait, that's most of them these days... lol
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Looks interesting. I'll wait. Could be a good sketch tool for songwriters, especially the ones who can't sing. Wait, that's most of them these days... lol
No kidding!

I’m put off by crafting everything in a piano roll but I expect that will change when they get a chorus of “Are you kidding?!?!?” from all the beta testers they’ve just invited to the party.

No doubt the Finale and other notation boards will light up with requests to incorporate this or something like it. Uh yea... I can see it now—someone does a mock up of a new opera with this ... just hope I don’t have to hear it.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
rodyrode

Post by rodyrode »

mikehalloran wrote: No kidding!

I’m put off by crafting everything in a piano roll but I expect that will change when they get a chorus of “Are you kidding?!?!?” from all the beta testers they’ve just invited to the party.

No doubt the Finale and other notation boards will light up with requests to incorporate this or something like it. Uh yea... I can see it now—someone does a mock up of a new opera with this ... just hope I don’t have to hear it.
Hi there, I'm Rodolphe, founder of Emvoice. Yes MIDI import is the most frequent feature request that we've received since we started beta testing a year ago! We haven't found the time to implement it yet because there always seemed to be something more urgent to do. But now that the foundation is solid enough we'll start adding features including more controls over the synthesis itself etc.

Here is a brief demo of what Lucy really sounds like. https://youtu.be/MQVkVtNa7BI
PS The plugin is NOT compatible with most versions of 10.12 unlike previously announced - High Sierra at least is recommended.
MIDI Life Crisis

rodyrode wrote:Here is a brief demo of what Lucy really sounds like. https://youtu.be/MQVkVtNa7BI
PS The plugin is NOT compatible with most versions of 10.12 unlike previously announced - High Sierra at least is recommended.
Bummer. I won't be trying it for a while then. Looks very promising.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
rodyrode

Post by rodyrode »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote: Bummer. I won't be trying it for a while then. Looks very promising.
If I'm not mistaken Apple now lets you download older versions of the OS, so you can actually update to High Sierra instead of Mojave - just in case that's what's holding you back
MIDI Life Crisis

rodyrode wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote: Bummer. I won't be trying it for a while then. Looks very promising.
If I'm not mistaken Apple now lets you download older versions of the OS, so you can actually update to High Sierra instead of Mojave - just in case that's what's holding you back

Thanks. I’m in the midst of several projects and can’t upgrade for a bit. I’ll probably eventually move to High Sierra this summer. Probably not to Mohave any time soon. My fear is losing a few older apps, like Word, Quicken. Adobe CS5, etc. Several of the installers won’t run and if an authorization gets toasted it could be a major problem.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

rodyrode wrote: Hi there, I'm Rodolphe, founder of Emvoice. Yes MIDI import is the most frequent feature request that we've received since we started beta testing a year ago! We haven't found the time to implement it yet because there always seemed to be something more urgent to do. But now that the foundation is solid enough we'll start adding features including more controls over the synthesis itself etc.

Here is a brief demo of what Lucy really sounds like. https://youtu.be/MQVkVtNa7BI
Thank you for being here Rodolphe. MIDI input is indeed my number one need for such a tool. Please keep us posted.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.